The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get the OEM heated seats with my Altima, now I wish I did. Has anyone out there had any experience with aftermarket seat heaters?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,758 Posts
heated seats

it is the only option my car is lacking, i really did not want them I think they would make my ass sweaty

·
Registered
57 Posts
Or use some Gold Bond medicated powder to reduce sweating.:eek:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hey. I just checked into this and the parts guy said that you have to order the entire seat assembly. Just the drivers side back of the seat was over $600. You would have to get three other pieces.

I did find out that the factory heated seat switches are $26.25 each and they are different for the left seat and the right seat.

I am probably going to order the seat switches from Dave Burnette at Town North Nissan in Austin, TX. His toll free number is (800) 251-7278. You get a 20% discount for being an Altimas.net member.

Then I want to buy some aftermarket heating elements and slip them in under the leather and use the factory harness that is already wired for the heated seats. I'll post updates if I do this!

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Just eat some beans...

Just use some personal nitrous and I'm sure you could toasty up that seat in no time. Either that or just rub your butt in thrusting motions while you drive and I'm sure your seat will be on fiya!:D

·
Registered
368 Posts
2002 Altima

Did you get those aftermarket seat heaters? If so, where did you get them, how much did you pay, and do you like them?

·
Registered
34 Posts
2002Altima said:
Hey. I just checked into this and the parts guy said that you have to order the entire seat assembly. Just the drivers side back of the seat was over $600. You would have to get three other pieces.

I did find out that the factory heated seat switches are $26.25 each and they are different for the left seat and the right seat.

I am probably going to order the seat switches from Dave Burnette at Town North Nissan in Austin, TX. His toll free number is (800) 251-7278. You get a 20% discount for being an Altimas.net member.

Then I want to buy some aftermarket heating elements and slip them in under the leather and use the factory harness that is already wired for the heated seats. I'll post updates if I do this!
Hey. I just checked into this and the parts guy said that you DON'T have to order the entire seat assembly.
NOTE:
Only complete seatback assemblies can be replaced on vehicles equipped with side air bags.

here are the numbers :

Heated seat element(cushions) : 87325+A : 45$ CAD each
Heated seat element(Lumbars) : 87625+A : 80$ CAD each
(Maybe # differs from LH to RH)
Switch(2) 25500 and 25500+A : 75$ CAD each
Center console panel(or just cut hole ??) : ??$
Heated seat relay : ??$

I'm gonna check very carefully if there is no problem to install it in a 2.5

let me know if you go for it !

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
869 Posts
Hey guys, I put in aftermarket elements with my aftermarket leather. They work well from what I can tell (only used them a few times due to the summer), but they heat up HOT! They were easy to install while putting on the leather, but you obviously need to remover your seat covers to do it. Wiring is easy. Just a switched hot lead of 15-20 amps (I used a relay), and a ground. The kits were 90 bucks each, and include amber lighted switches for high/low. I bought them from James at Attention to Detail. You can see the switches in this picture.

·
Registered
368 Posts
niceorange said:
Hey guys, I put in aftermarket elements with my aftermarket leather. They work well from what I can tell (only used them a few times due to the summer), but they heat up HOT! They were easy to install while putting on the leather, but you obviously need to remover your seat covers to do it. Wiring is easy. Just a switched hot lead of 15-20 amps (I used a relay), and a ground. The kits were 90 bucks each, and include amber lighted switches for high/low. I bought them from James at Attention to Detail. You can see the switches in this picture.

Do you know what brand they are? That is a decent price. Does that include the switches and elements for the lumbar and a$$?

·
Make it last...
140 Posts
2.5 Cloth... for $180 heated!?

You got 'em for $90 each, that's decent! Hook us up with the contact info, etc...

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
869 Posts
guiseppewv said:
Do you know what brand they are? That is a decent price. Does that include the switches and elements for the lumbar and a$$?
Yes, they are made by American Sunroof / Inalfa. They include both pads, and pad each has its own thermostat regulator. Each kit comes with one lighted switch, which happens to match the Altima interior. The kit comes with two sided tape and all the stuff you need to install it (wiring harness, etc). It's not a bad way to spend $180 (both front seats). If you wanted to be selfish I suppose you could just do the drivers... or if you're really nice you'll do the back seats too!

·
Registered
52 Posts
niceorange said:
Hey niceorange,

Nice. I'd like to get these installed before it gets cold out in Oct.

Where did you get your power source, was wiring already there (from the factory and not connected to absent seat switch)? Or was it nessesary to run all the way to the interior fuse panel?

Did you mean to say their switches look OEM, not an obvious add-on look?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts