The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i want to get a moonroof installed that doesn't slide over the top of the roof but is hidden in the middle like a stock one, the reason i ask is cause i know someone who did this at the dealer on a new jetta and i am wondering if a 99 altima is built to let a moonroof slide in the middle?? anybody that knows let me know, thanks alot
all comments welcome

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected] i know someone who did this at the dealer on a new jetta [/B]
that right there is the answer... it was probably a VW sunroof, added after the fact.. that you can do..

you can always get a Nissan one from the dealer and have them or someone else install it.

·
Banned
0 Posts
you can do it, but like said, it will cost you some serious money. Why? They have to re-wire your interior dome light, they have to reline the interior roof, cut in between the metal of the rood, etc.

·
master of disaster
109 Posts
moon /sun roof

here is the deal...im not sure about the 99 but theres not too much of a difference from a 99-2001 except some little dramatic changes .......when i got my '01 alty i went back a couple days later cause the hooked me up with a free tint on my windows i asked them if how much it would cost to get a sun/moon roof put in simce it is true they have to re-wire ur shit frim what ive asked it will cost u antwhere from $1000-1800 depending where u go........but here's the deal im still thinking of getting this done in the future......and to tell u the truth the dealer charges me 1k to get it done and i would get it done there for one if they mess up or if it ****s up nisssan will warrranty it and cover ur ass good if messes up over time

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
After market sunroofs suck because you're not going to have the drain holes in the roof pillars.

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
a friend of mine put one in his 95 Altima GXE, so it is most definitely possible. How much, i'm not sure, but i know it was a lot. Prolly a lot more than it is worth. And true, the aftermarket one will suck compared to an OEM one.

Good luck

·
H.N.I.C.
2,666 Posts
djsassan said:
just get one that slides over the roof of the car. $500-700, and in my opinion, I think it looks kinda sleek.
yeah, i'll probably buy one from street-beat.com for like $400..
n get some shop to install it..
or maybe i'll read a few manuals, rent some tools n get adventurous wit my alty's roof
:eek: :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts