The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ahhhh shit, did i just put a dent on my chassis?

MAN I HAD THE WORST LUCK TODAY!!!

First I got like 3 deep, VERY DEEP scratches on my R rear rim.....I was like ok thats cool, I could get it fixed.

Then when I got home, I decided to changed the engine oil. I dont have the ramps so I had to jack the car up and use stands. Well I jacked up the car....everything was good until I had to pick a spot to put the stands. I thought that long straight metal tube under the car was the car chassis......so I put the stands below that. The metal tube was about 2 inch wide. I lowered the car onto the stands and that piece of metal gave way and collapsed.....now theres a big dent there! OMG!!! I was wondering if that is the chassis that I dented.....do its so weak.....Oh man am I f**ked or what....shit...help me out

BTW the metal tube was hollow..........PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

·
Haf you seen my baseball?
179 Posts
I don't know for sure but you better hope that wasn't the exhaust. If it is and you messed it up. That could be bad and it would mean you would have to get that replaced.

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its definitely not the exhaust system. The metal tube that I am talking about is covered with that anti rust substance. There are a few holes in it also.....I hope its not the chassis.....

BTW its a rectangular tube, not a round tube.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Ya, i know what your talking about because i ran my nitrous line thru it. Its not the chassis, the chassis is more near the edges of the car (the part with that ridge that sticks out about an inch and you put your car jack on it). I have plenty of dents/holes in mine and its fine. Its some sort of structure support on the car, but a dent isnt going to hurt it (cuz if it did i would be scewed, ive got about 8 of them from hitting speed bumps with the car lowered).

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank god.......I donno how to thank you SuprStyl! I could finally go to sleep now that my worries are over ;) Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts