The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Pos Performance Pres.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my airbag light is blinking how do i fix that???

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
1st gens, push the dome light switch in door jamb like 10 times in 7 seconds or something wierd like that

·
Traded in Alti!!!
67 Posts
Rick said:
1st gens, push the dome light switch in door jamb like 10 times in 7 seconds or something wierd like that
really???

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
yeah, it resets the airbag computer or something like that

·
Former Alty Owner
704 Posts
hidaltima said:
kiss your alternator good-bye.
nah. It's not your alternator.. I had my Airbag light blinking and did that 7 door jam dome light push thingee in 5 secs and it reset my airbag... I had a 1,000watt system with no capacitor during and after the airbag blinking incident for 9 months.. and my alternator didn't go.

The alternator warning system makes the battery and engine? light blink or come on..

but try that door jam button thingee.. you have to put your ignition to the ACC position then press the door jam dome light button about 7 times within 5 secs.. immediatly after pushing it for the 7th time... you will see the airbag light go away.

I believe that is the exact way of doing it.. I may be wrong tho.. but not by much.

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
He's confused with the brake light - that's what flashes when the alt is going.

·
Registered
77 Posts
can there be a strsight answer...does this really work or are you guys fuckin with him? does it mess anything up by doing that?

·
P-Fuzzy if ya nasty
742 Posts
ok i have the same prob but i tried that doorjamb thing and it didnt work , so i took it in and they said that the whole mechanism is fucked. but i want another oppinion i dont trust these guys.

·
super primer mobile
1,030 Posts
I just tried the door jamb thingie too, and it didn't work for me. Maybe I did it wrong, I don't know, I think I'm just going to take the dash out....AGAIN....and remove the bulb. That light is kinda annoying.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
im proff that it works....that light was on for me for like 5 months...then i asked here....
first....sit in ur car...drivers side....keep one leg out.....left...
with ur left hand locate the door domelight switch....
the little black button that looks like a switch with a black rubber around it....its on the frame of the car not the door....
once uve found that.....stick ur key in the ignition....
open the switch as if ur just chillin and just wanna listen to the radio....once u open the switch without turning on the car......
and all the lights turn on ..on ur dash..."engine light,airbag,oil..etc" tap that button 7 times as fast as u can....
or better yet ...just tap it as fast as u can....it will go away....then close the switch and open it again of course ur airbag light will light up...as well all the others.... but once u turn on ur car ull see after 10 seconds it will go away....thats how it worked for me....
ive heard it work for plenty of first gens.....good luck...

·
DJ QUIK
813 Posts
anyone ever think it could mean the airbags need servicing and by bypassing the switch you are just doing what a mechanic would do after fixing the airbag? Just a thought. hope noone dies.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
fuck, my airbag light has been on for years. i took it in like 10 times, they fixed it and a week later it came back on. i said screw it, i took the bulb out. but of course this disabled the tachometer (bastards!) so I put it back but taped it up out of its socket so you can't see it flash ;-)

·
Hiiiigh Rollin!
103 Posts
Hey guys mine did this too and i remember reading about it on here and when it came on and stayed on i just turned on the car but not start soo all the other lights on the dash come on too and open the door and push that lil button as fast as you can just a bunch of times and it will go off after you start your car next just like befor and no i havent had it do it again since then but i have a 95 it might be different on 2nd gens but i dunno it werked for me plus remember they changed the computers on first gens after the 95s too well hope this helps and no it didnt mess up anything in my car and i got a system too -Jon

·
123 Posts
why would ur tach be disabled, i took out all the bulbs and it didnt do diddly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the door dome light switch thing on my daughter's 94 Altima and it worked! The airbag light stopped blinking. Now, my daughter thinks I'm a genius....hahaha. Thanks everyone !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts