The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question: plastic resonator and tab

I took off the resonator that is under the airbox following the instructions on altimas.net, but i noticed another one. i dont know why just now, when i took it off to clean my throttle body. i outlined it in yellow here. thought it would come out better. is it just like the other resonator. my friend said i should cut it off and cover up the hole. or i could just stuff something in it or cover the hole with out cutting it off. should i? what is the point of this extra plastic resonator here? i need some advice.

i also outlined soimething in red. it looks like a plastic tab that holds a hose or tube or something. meant to anyways. i dont have a hose theree? does anyone else. im not to worried, just curious why it is there? thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
well that's the second or 3rd resinator im not really sure, but believe me when you take that one off..or block it off you'll hear your engine roar 10 fold. I did the home ram intake setup where the air is coming in through the left fog light, didnt sound too good. actually sounded like crap, couldnt figure out why untill i got my CAI and realized that resinator, as soon as that came off, i finally realized what ppl meant when they were talking about the sound an intake makes.

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its jigga james said:
Dont know what it is, but unless im color blind its outlined in yellow
umm ok.

well that's the second or 3rd resinator im not really sure, but believe me when you take that one off..or block it off you'll hear your engine roar 10 fold
The one that you removed under the air box is the only one that will make a difference
well what should i do?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Re: Question: plastic resonator and tab

nissan2k2 said:
i also outlined soimething in red. it looks like a plastic tab that holds a hose or tube or something. meant to anyways. i dont have a hose theree? does anyone else. im not to worried, just curious why it is there? thanks
The clip you have circled in red holds the vent hose for the automatic transmission. If you have a manual tranny, you won't have anything there....if you have an auto, then the hose has come off the clip and is probably just laying there somewhere.

Kevin

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
nissan2k2: I ripped mine off and duct taped it, its very "ghetto". But I am waiting for my damn 3" aluminum tubing to come in so I can make a new mid pipe for that section.

Difference: WOW, sounds very cool, its a very good clean sounding roar.

Just make sure you duct tape it up, I did it good the first time, but this time it sucks, also do it so that if the tape does come lose, it wont get sucked in to your TB otherwise your gonna have some serious problems.

Good Luck
-Nick

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Oh, and for it holding that tub, I think its a breather for the transmission, I just let it dangle in my engine bay, there is no belts or pulleys spinning so its rather safe and it just leans on my batterey :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts