The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Bayamon, P.R.
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just got the Autometer Pro Comp Ultra-Lite Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge and was wondering how you guys installed yours before I do mine. I am basically looking for instructions on the install from a person that has already done it. Also, if you could tell me where you mounted(besides the A-pillar) would be nice. Thanks guys

·
Bayamon, P.R.
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PorscheKid said:
OFF TOPIC: for some reason i thought u sold or were selling your car...
I was selling it, but not anymore.

·
Bayamon, P.R.
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah, thanks for the info guys.

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
not the hardest thing in the world. i got a check engine light on mine wheni tapped it off the ecu but it went away a couple of days laters. . .

·
Bayamon, P.R.
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done, it only took me about 15 minutes, just wondering though, what does you gauge do with the lights once it's on? Like at idle then through the gears, are the lights shaky? Thanks

·
Like a Villain
3,765 Posts
it constantly bounces back and forth (between lean and rich).

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
^^^ BIG BUMP(result of a good search)
my ecu pins dont look like that. maybe the 93/94 is different?
i need someone to tell me soon, as i have the car apart right now, lol. my pins are arranged in two rows, not 5 like the ones in the link are.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It doesnt take a scientist to figure this out. You dont have to pin it in to your ECU jus ground the black, tie the red wire into a fuse, Cig lighter, Audio one of thsoe will do, and take the other wire and splice it into your O2 sensor and it will work just fine.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
if it was that simple, i would have done it that way. ive spoken to too many people that have wired it into their o2 sensor and didnt get a reliable signal. ill stick with the ecu and install it there. im running nitrous and although this wont give me a good n/a signal, it will help me to see if im running lean or not when on the juice. so, id rather have it attached to the ecu. anyone else with an idea of where it goes on an obd1 ecu?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a great signal from wiring it to the 02 sensor I dont know how they wired it up but mine works fine. Trust me its easy and it does work, but if you wanna wire it through ya ECU go ahead it will work there to jus takes longer, what everyou do make sure you pin it to the right spot.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
well, i went ahead and wired it to the sensor because i couldnt find a good diagram of an obd1 ecu. it bounces like ive heard it will but i havent taken it for a drive yet and ran it on nitrous yet. im just curious to see what it displays when im spraying. thx.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
thats the same one i had, but the 93-94 ecu has a different pin layout. only 2 rows of pins all the way across.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
yup, as a matter of fact i was gonna call you but i was eating after i got the message. sounds like you may have either a leak or a bad high/low pressure switch. is the a/c still blowing cold?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts