The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up, i really dont know a lot about engine performance but i was told that air intake was a good small step to take. i have heard some people say that cai is better than wai but i have also heard the other way around. can anyone give me some advice on this and if so a price for what u r recomending, and also where i can get it done at in south jersey thanks

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
3,416 Posts
I have the Place Racing CAI with a K&N filter, to me i feel a little more kick with it, but that's with exahaust and accel spark plug wires.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
flarearrow said:
lark, the weapon r intake is an over priced gimmick. The ram air is going to have so minimal affect in making power.

http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/techcenter/articles/43839/article.html

Most of the power generated from an intake has to do more with intake length and restrictiveness, rather than air temp. Power from an intake comes from the reduced pumping losses (making it easier to inhale air in). Where the power is going to be generated (in the low end or high end range of the RPM) depends on the intake length. Generally, a long intake like a CAI will make the power in the lod to mid rpm range, and a WAI will make the power in the mid to high rpm range.
From...
http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87989

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
I have JWT pop charger (WAI), It works great on my car... easy installation (thanks to Noah)... just "plug and play".... when engine passes 4000 rpm, you can feel some power increase... to better answer your question, do you have an auto or stick?

you will need some basic tools, other than that, JWT pop charger is easy to install...

hope it helps.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have an automatic....i have a stillen exhaust and i was told that it would give me more horsepower if i added intake

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Get the JWT/Stealin set up.

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
3,416 Posts
it won't be significant gain, try going with headers too after. I'm pretty sure you'll feel something with I/E/H

·
Registered
67 Posts
^if you decide to go with headers...go with stillen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts