The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
:-)
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Start off by saying: Don't go to Ajax Nissan

Long version.
Ok. Long story from the beginning... My car started acting up a bit. I would be driving, then all of a sudden it would stop then go then stop then go. It only did this twice, but it happened in 1st and 2nd both times, so I was a bit scared. I took it to Ajax Nissan (Westney & Bayley). So I tell them to investigate this problem, fix it, get a new clutch. They tell me it's my transmission, they checked it out, and they need to get a rebuilt one for $2100. Ok, so get a new tranny. Then they tell me my front crossmember is too rusted to take my old tranny out, so they need to put a new one in there. At this point I am smelling some bs, but they wOULDN'T do the work unless I replaced the front crossmember.. so another $700 down the drain. So now they gotta do the c-m, and to do this they have to take the AC off. Ok, taking the AC off they break a pipe, and then they have to fix that as well... of course they did a ghetto ass fix, since it was coming out of their pockets. So, 3 weeks later, I get the car w/ new rebuilt tranny, new crossmember, and new clutch. I drive it.. couple of problems. AC doesn't work AT ALL (this is after they "fixed it" and recharged it), and now it has some new problem. It keeps dieing on me, especially at highway speeds, but will only do it for a few seconds, then start back up. So after fearing for my life a couple of times (no, this is not when they almost kill me), I manage to get it home. So I jack the car up and what do I find? Some connector was just chilling there, not attached to anything, and my temp. sensor was zip tied to my tranny, right beside the engine, check the wiring harness, the clips that hold it in place on the tranny and engine, none of them were holding it anymore. So I fix that up, except for one connector, which I couldn't find where it went to. My CEL was also on at the time, coming up with 2 new codes... 0102 (MAF Sensor) and 0706 (apparently a ghost code... not in haynes or FSM?) Phone them back up, tell them the car is still ****ing bust, and they need to fix it. Take it back, show the guy what was wrong, what was disconnected. He says oh, we wouldn't touch that connector, it "over there" (I had pulled it up to where the intake is since it was draggin on the ground, even still the intake is right over top of the tranny they just replaced. And the other problem is probably because of my intake... I am like "Well for the past 2 years I have had it I haven't had ANY problems like this". So the guy decides to fix the AC free of charge and check the other stuff out. I phoned back today, they say the car is ready, the problem was some of the electrical connectors they ****ed with were lose, and that a vacuum tube they put on was too long and melted. So they fix the AC & other problem for free (obviously, since they were the ones who ****ed it up!). Now the fun part is when I pick it up today. I start driving, glad to have a system again I'm going down Westney and get on the 401. After about 20 seconds on the 401 the car starts shaking violently. Steering wheel all over the place and shit, I seriously thought I was going to die, shit felt like I had the ultimate flat tire. I slowed down, put my hazards one and pulled into the CT parking lot at Brock Rd (car was wobbling all over the place and shit at this point, and I was going at 5km/h and praying). I get out, pop off the mini-hubcap on the SE rims and what do I find? 2 of the lug nuts were COMPLETELY off, and the other 2 were on there by just a couple of threads... I walk back to my house (with lugnuts in hand) and had to drive back with a jack and tire iron (my stock nissan one broke!). Put 'em on and drove back fine. Car feels kind of slow.. not sure though, I've been driving a bunch of cars a lot faster than mine (RSX-s, Envoy, Alero (yes, it is faster - V6). Get this now though, my mom phones them cuz I was too pissed to talk to them. She tells them how they almost killed me and shit, and how the lug nuts weren't on. And they are lucky cuz if I had been in an accident it would of came back to their shop. The guy says, and I quote "Someone came into the parking lot and loostened them"... Yes that is right, this guy thinks we are ****ing dumb enough to buy that shit! My mom is like bs, I told her the fact that the wheel that was loose is the one where the AC is which they would have had to take off to access... espeically to fix their original ghetto ass repair job. Then the guy (the manager) tells us how it's the technicians fault... I'm sorry, your the ****ing manager, the manager's job is to take ****ing responsibility, not lay it on some poor **** who probably got hired cuz he was the manager's nephew or some shit. I am never going back there, and I hope you guys never go there as well.

Short version.
Nissan Ajax manages to get $4000 out of me to give me the car back in worse shape then it started in. Bring it back to fix the problems they made, they give it back to me. Then 2 minutes away from the dealership car starts shaking like mad, I almost crash. Find out that the lug nuts were so loose that 2 of them had managed to come off in 2 minutes of driving, and the others were BARELY on. Phone them up, tell them they almost killed me. Feed me some bullshit story to move responsibility to someone else (tells us "someone came into the parking lot and loosened them). Then the managers goes on trying to make it seem better by blaming it all on his underlings...

Really short:
Ajax Nissan -- Worst service, haven't had the car for 4 weeks, and almost died....

Anyone you know who goes to Ajax Nissan, plz tell them about this.

·
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, the "manager" we spoke to just spent the whole time trying to push off their responsibility of the issue. We're not sure what we're going to do yet. I don't think we are going to pursue this much further... Just compalin to the dealer manager or Nissan Canada I think, I don't want to take my car back there. It was really scary though. I for sure thought I was ****ed.

·
DIY'er
6,658 Posts
Scarborough nissan down on eglinton and warden has good service also. I go there for all my oil changes etc

At least you survived the incident... but... those are terms for a major complant... thats some dangerous stuff...

·
Registered
989 Posts
st claires my fav too

·
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm. I think I'll check out St. Claire. I am going to try and get Ajax Nissan to pay for the repair at they do there, since they caused the damages, but there is no way in hell I am going back to them to get it fixed.

·
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya. I am going to talk to them on Monday...
They didn't even fix my car, it's still having the same problem..

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a similar experience with Ajax Nissan. But they didn't almost kill me....... I went in for and oil change and to rotate my tires. The tech that did the work must have been new or somthin cause when he changed the filter, he didn't check to see if the old oil filter gasket was still on or not. I didn't even leave the lot when when my oil light came on. I turned the motor off andgot out of my car and noticed that there was a trail of oil behind my car. To make matters worse. My rear tire nuts were still loose. The tech only tighend up the front ones and not the rear ones. I'm so thankful that the oil filter blew off, cause I was actully on my way to the cottage for the week. My tires would have fallen off and I would have been a dead man. It still scares me to this day when I think about it. To make matters worse. the service manager didn't even say sorry to me. Or even get my car in right away to get my car fixed. I to wait another hour to get my car back. Ajax Nissan sucks!!!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
you'd think that a dealership with the name of a cleaning detergent could do a clean job on a car

hahahahhaa

1 - 16 of 16 Posts