The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my 99 has that silencer alarm that came from the dealer. I dont know if anyone else has this but everytime i lock the doors and unlock them it honks. I dont want it to and i was wondering if anyone knew how to make it not honk. it came with this little off/on switch but i have no idea where it goes or what it does. Any help please.

·
Registered
432 Posts
MisfitFlesh said:
ok my 99 has that silencer alarm that came from the dealer. I dont know if anyone else has this but everytime i lock the doors and unlock them it honks. I dont want it to and i was wondering if anyone knew how to make it not honk. it came with this little off/on switch but i have no idea where it goes or what it does. Any help please.
If you're talking about the OEM key fob that came with the car, then you can silence the horn-beep feature by pressing on the "Lock" and the "Unlock" simultaneously for at least 2 seconds. You do the same thing if you want to go back so that the horn beeps again. If your keyfob is not too worn out, you should be able to read the diagram of above instructions on the back of the keyfob.
Cheers, H.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts