The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys...

I wanna get an alarm system installed on my ride. However, i dont know what fair market value would be for a decent alarm system. I dont need paging, but something decent... :p I'm a n00b to alarms.

What price should i expect to pay for a moderate alarm system?

·
22,052 Posts
Kar tunes is in VA, but they do some crazy alarm installs.

Figure $300-$400 for a very nice alarm.

You could get a normal, no big frills alarm for around $200 installed. Whatever you do, don't go to Best Buy or Circuit City and have some high school drop out do a ghetto install on your car. I got offered a job at CC when I was in high school and I declined because they did such shitty work.

·
werd!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peterson said:
Kar tunes is in VA, but they do some crazy alarm installs.

Figure $300-$400 for a very nice alarm.

You could get a normal, no big frills alarm for around $200 installed. Whatever you do, don't go to Best Buy or Circuit City and have some high school drop out do a ghetto install on your car. I got offered a job at CC when I was in high school and I declined because they did such shitty work.
Cool. Thanks peterson.

I've had bestbuy do a radio install on my girl's corolla. I wasn't too impressed. :( I would go out and get an alarm - boxed, and attempt an install, but the 3rd gen alti's are soooooo complex, IMO. The schematic/wiring diagrams are not very conventional and easy to read. :( Hence, i'm too much of a puss to even try it on my own.

I'll let u guys know how it goes. :)

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
this may be a far stretch for you, but up in towson, there was a really nice shop on towson rd that did just about anything you could imagine. seen some of their work and it's high quality.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
dont remember the name bro, used to live down in cockeysville, but moved north about a year ago. look it up in the phone book... it's under auto performance (I think).

·
2,159 Posts
Any number of Car Audio shops should be able to hook you up. There must be 20 of them in the areas you suggested.
I had an Alpine Alarm in my Jeep Warngler, with prox sensors. It was pretty nice. About $500.00-600.00 Installed. There was a shop in catonsville called "Car Sounds". I think they also had a shop in Towson. They sold the catonsville shop a few years ago.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Hey DJ, there's a place near me called Sound Solutions. I have a guy there that does all my audio work. They do an EXCELLENT job, very high-calibar work.

I could put you in touch with my guy if you're interested.

I'm looking for a place around here that can do a good alarm install for a decent price on "crazy" alarm. Looking at CompuSTAR or Aladdin right now.

Sound Solutions does just Viper I believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts