The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Altima GLE. The car alarm activates spontaneously, and the only way to stop it is to turn the key in the door. I have neither a remote or manual. How can I permanently turn off the alarm?

·
Registered
2 Posts
u can do so, by pooping the fuse out. its gonna be either in the box right next to the steering wheel, or in the alarm's unit. hope that makes sense

·
Registered
453 Posts
Level42 said:
I have a 1995 Altima GLE. The car alarm activates spontaneously, and the only way to stop it is to turn the key in the door. I have neither a remote or manual. How can I permanently turn off the alarm?
I had the exact same problem with my 95 GLE....

I bought an aftermarket alarm and had the old one (and all of it's relays) taken out of the car.

The alarm would tend to go off not only when at a stand still parked, but also while driving down the road. :rolleyes:

Shitty factory alarms... and besides... who's gonna be scared away by that weak ass horn? I used to see more people laugh at it than anything. I'd definitely follow the route you are right now and turn it off or get rid of it. In my experience, the only way I know how to get rid of it is to buy a new alarm to replace the factory one.

·
Illest in Nebraska
892 Posts
when I bought my car there was an alarm in it which came with no keypad and then about amonth later it started running a relay and finally the starter kill came on and I was ****ed so I took the whole unit out, only took about 20 minutes

·
Illest in Nebraska
892 Posts
Hey it's better than having to flash a little neon leychain light 2 times fash and then maying the high pitched "beep" sound with your voice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts