The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this alert light on a 07 altima that appears randomly. Does anyone know anything about an alert that looks like a clock with the hand at 3. Also has what appears to be some kind of radio waves and says 1.5 h next to it. Please help if anyone can. Nissan has no idea what it is.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
welcome to the forum, and the clock symbol i think is the tpms light.not sure though. its white right? the other thing i am not sure what it is. a picture would help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have this alert light on a 07 altima that appears randomly. Does anyone know anything about an alert that looks like a clock with the hand at 3. Also has what appears to be some kind of radio waves and says 1.5 h next to it. Please help if anyone can. Nissan has no idea what it is.

What you see as a white clock is the dimmer control for the instrument panel in the car. I thought it was a warning light as well when I first got mine and it's not in the manual, but sure enough that's what it is. No worries!

·
Registered
106 Posts
If it's in the section where the computer displays all it's information, it sounds like the warning that you've been driving too long.
You might have it set at 1 1/2 hours so it'll turn on after you've been driving for 90 minutes.
I have mine set at 3 hours.

I hope this is the warning you're getting as it's pretty simple to fix using the owners manual as a guide to reset it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If it's in the section where the computer displays all it's information, it sounds like the warning that you've been driving too long.
You might have it set at 1 1/2 hours so it'll turn on after you've been driving for 90 minutes.
I have mine set at 3 hours.

I hope this is the warning you're getting as it's pretty simple to fix using the owners manual as a guide to reset it.
this is it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Alright this is news to me! Can someone fill me in with this feature and what the purpose of it is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, it is in the instrument panel with the rest of the lights.It does come on after about 90 minutes of driving, but it is not in the manual and nissan cannot find anything about it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Page 2-17 in the manual?

Alert mode - time to rest alert. The manual doesn't say much, but it shouldn't take a lot to turn it off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alert light on 07 altima

I can it off by pushing the reset button everytime it comes off, but does anyone know what that light is and what it is for.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Gotta love marketing genius. This is a feature that will tell you that you've been driving too long and it's "time to rest." If you need this, I don't want you on the same road I'm on. If you've got the brains to program it, you've got the brains to pull over when you're too tired.

Here's how to set it to the "leave me alone" mode.

Push the left button till you get this:

Push the right button to highlight "ALERT":

Push the left button to select the ALERT menu
Then push the right button to select "TIME TO REST"

It's probably set to 1.5 hours:

Press the right button till it shows dashes:

Press the left button and you're done. It's now turned off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for posting those Pics....it was going to be my next question. Does anyone have a picture of the actual symbol that appears?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.