The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if I MUST do an alignment afer installing lowering springs? I do not know, but the owner of a professional shop told me I do not need to do that

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
I recommend an new alignment with any change in springs, whether you need a camber kit depends on the springs.
If you get Eiback Prokit, you dont have to, there should be enough factory adjustment to re-align. If you get Sportlines or any of the other springs that are lower then Prokits then you need to get a camber kit. But yes I recommend you get a new alignmenet with any change in springs. IMO I would do it at the same time if not soon after the spring change.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
When you get through installing the springs at least do toe adjustment. After 100 miles or 2 weeks, check camber and caster. Camber should be toward the negative end of specs but not under. Don't try to bring alignment back to mid point of factory specs, stay toward the negative end of tolerance but have both sides close to same. Ditto caster. Toe needs to be very slightly toe-in front, 1/2 mm each side typical (1 mm total), and 1 - 1.5mm in each side rear. (2 - 3 mm total, just under 3/32"). The trick is getting both sides the same without more positive camber. good luck,

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what does that kit include? why would I need that?
if I do an alignment dont they use teh existing stuff
I am not familliar with an alignment - what exactly do they do when they do an aligment?

3,250 Posts
sportlines 1.8" drop and i can see how angled my tires look. i really want better handling and the sportlines still feel like i'm driving a stock car and has too much body roll. will the camber kit help?

·
Registered
464 Posts
What happens when you drop your suspension is your new lower springs copmpact your suspension components. (springs, struts, etc....) whith this new "compacted" suspension it changes the agles of your components. Your stock allignment bolts can only compensate for so many degrees of angle. More often than not when the car is lowered the stock bolts do not have enough range to bring everything back into spec. That is what the new alignment or camber kit is for. It allows for a greater range of alignment over stock.

·
Honorary So Cal Member
16,046 Posts
More often than not when the car is lowered the stock bolts do not have enough range to bring everything back into spec. That is what the new alignment or camber kit is for. It allows for a greater range of alignment over stock.
This has not been the case with those of us that have a pro-kit drop. Mine and many of our fellow members here on the board have been able to get the alignment within specs without a camber kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts