The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to get an alignment today because i recently lowered it on a sprint two inch drop and just a few days ago i put new tires on. 1st proublem is my car want fit on the alignment lift, it rubs because its too low. The other prublem if it is one is i may not even need an alignment because he said my altima (94 GXE) has neither camber or caster? Only toe in. Im not fimilier with these terms at all. I mean i understand negitive and positive camber but thats about it.

Do i need an alignment and if so has anyone else had the proublem of it not fitting. Should i try a diffrent shop or are all lifts the same. My car feels like it needs it what should i do? Would it hurt anything if i put stock tires and wheels on to hopfully raise it enought to fit or do the tires i ride everyday need to be on to properly align.

Thanks GUys,
SWATHCAT

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
try another place to get it aligned. its a good idea to have it aligned whenever you mess w/the suspension. but you can drive on it as is for a month or 2 and check the wear on the tires,if it does not show any signs of uneven wear then don't worry bout it too much. there are many different kinds of alignment racks so go to your local speed shop and ask them who does alignments on lowered cars they will know where to go

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
I was told that you don't need alignment on an altima, just toe adjust and I think it costs less. I went to Network Alignment & Brakes after doing sprint 2'', the toes were all pointed out. I even felt more grip after doing the toe adjust. I think they are a chain store.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
there was a good article posted about alignment a few days back...
Try searching the web with "alignment caster camber toe". there's 1 more adjustment and I can't remember the name right now.
Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.