The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My altima 1998 is pulling to the right when driving. I took your advise and went to the dealer to get an alignment done.

They said they can't do the alignment as-is and tried to sell me 4 new tires and said I need to replace the tie rods

Winter is in its way here in Canada and they said I might as well install 4 brand new snow tires now on the car and get the tie rods replaced before they can even attempt to peform an alignment. Does that sound right to you?

4X snow tires + balancing $600CAD
Tie rods: $180CAD parts + $200CAD for labour
Alignment: about $100CAD

I don't feel like spending that much money now. I can get alignment done anyway without replacing the tires and the tie rods?

·
4,020 Posts
If any part of your suspension or steering system is bad, they cannot do an alignment, simple as that.
As for tires, they're probably recommending new tires because the alignment problem has created uneven wear. Fixing the alignment, will just create more problems if your tires have uneven wear.

·
Banned
1 Posts
take it to another shop and get a second opinion....should be free, and that way they can either confirm what the dealer said, or tell you if they were pulling your leg

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
I believe 60usd is like 1.8million CAD..:wall:

yup, go to another shop and see what they say...

BUT never skimp out on a suspension issue, if you do have troubles, get them fixed now before something worse happens!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts