The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had my fill of dealers over the years but i have to hand it to my local nissan dealer, cowles nissan. i hit a pothole and knocked out the alignment. went by NTB and was told 3 hour wait and cost is $99 i think. went to my dealer and they put me right in! 1.5 hours total, out the door cost $83 and a free car wash. also replaced the hood latch under recall. cant forget my dealer also sells tires at COST! lots of dealers get a bad wrap but my dealer is one of the good ones. also, i never get pressure to do unnecessary work on my car just to keep the mechanics busy which is nice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
its sad as its 90/10 split it seems that most ruin it for the few good ones. bith my Nissan dealer and the Kia dealer for the wifes suv have been great to us.

the service manager makes a HUGE difference also as i used to work in dealers and some all the good and bad. there are certain dealers i will never step foot near lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
my nissan dealer is great with service. the ford dealer where we bought my wifes escape has great prices on the cars but horrible service.

·
Registered
466 Posts
ive had my fill of dealers over the years but i have to hand it to my local nissan dealer, cowles nissan. i hit a pothole and knocked out the alignment. went by NTB and was told 3 hour wait and cost is $99 i think. went to my dealer and they put me right in! 1.5 hours total, out the door cost $83 and a free car wash. also replaced the hood latch under recall. cant forget my dealer also sells tires at COST! lots of dealers get a bad wrap but my dealer is one of the good ones. also, i never get pressure to do unnecessary work on my car just to keep the mechanics busy which is nice.
Did the poles shift or the sun start rising in the west all of a sudden ?!?

Some people on this board actually like their dealership ?

Pardon the sarcasm but wow, you'd never know that given all the negativity that lives on this board.

You 4 can private message me anytime with any question regarding your Nissan vehicle. :wink

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've used my dealer for my previous 2 nissans and now my current Altima, they've always been what I consider fair. Sure they might try to get you to do a $80 cabin filter change or something but then I laugh and say no thanks, for the most part they know I know what I need and don't and don't try to swindle me like some elderly lady...it's the people who don't know up from down that I feel bad for but hey knowledge is power.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Had mine in for recalls and was told I needed rear brakes and a fluid flush they said $465 and I declined in a former auto tech and can do my own brakes. I took tires off and looks they are low but the way the were coming off I though they were almost metal metal this is what I found. View attachment 77970
Yea low but still got some time. Cars only got 24k on it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Pardon the sarcasm but wow, you'd never know that given all the negativity that lives on this board.

You 4 can private message me anytime with any question regarding your Nissan vehicle. :wink
thanks bro! will do. actually had a long conversation with a nissan tech while i was there asking about possibly putting in a 2016 maxima steering wheel in my 2013 altima (love the fat D wheel). he researched it and got back to me (and said doesnt look like a simple swap) but managed to track down an aftermarket company that will customize my stock wheel anyway i want. AGAIN... cowles nissan going over and above!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had mine in for recalls and was told I needed rear brakes and a fluid flush they said $465 and I declined in a former auto tech and can do my own brakes. I took tires off and looks they are low but the way the were coming off I though they were almost metal metal this is what I found. View attachment 77970
Yea low but still got some time. Cars only got 24k on it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
plenty of meat left

·
Registered
80 Posts
thats good. but bad for me. my nissan dealer gives $54.99 four wheel computerized alignment. also i trust my dealer with that over work thing, they don't take advantage and no force, always gives me inspections of any problem for free.

·
Registered
179 Posts
thanks bro! will do. actually had a long conversation with a nissan tech while i was there asking about possibly putting in a 2016 maxima steering wheel in my 2013 altima (love the fat D wheel). he researched it and got back to me (and said doesnt look like a simple swap) but managed to track down an aftermarket company that will customize my stock wheel anyway i want. AGAIN... cowles nissan going over and above!
i want to do the same thing.

·
2013 Altima 3.5 SV no nav
811 Posts
its sad as its 90/10 split it seems that most ruin it for the few good ones. bith my Nissan dealer and the Kia dealer for the wifes suv have been great to us.

the service manager makes a HUGE difference also as i used to work in dealers and some all the good and bad. there are certain dealers i will never step foot near lol
The sales policy comes down from corporate, I don't think the service manager has a choice. To be fair all businesses are doing that. If they don't they get accused of "leaving money on the table".

What really bothers me is how pushy medical stuff has gotten. These wellness programs that give you hundreds of dollars to participate ! Where the hell is that money coming from ?!? Every time I've been to the dentist in the last 30 years they tried to pull my wisdom teeth giving all kinds of dire warnings. Thirty years later and none of that crap happened. Those F%[email protected]!s

·
Registered
89 Posts

Hey you can add me to those that like their dealership. Have a great relationship with the SM for the past 10 years. Some years ago transfer case was failing on 1st gen Murano about 3000km after expiration of extended warranty. He tried unsuccessfully to get Nissan to take care of replacement but with no success. Then offered 25% off parts and labour if I wanted to replace unit, but I ended up trading for another Nissan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts