The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the night started with me driving down to the valley on laurel canyon. right as i entered the canyon, i noticed that 2 cars behind me was my friend in another infiniti i35. we drove down the canyon, and as soon as 2 lanes opened up we naturally decided to race down. it was pretty fun and was a total driver's race. once we were side by side at the bottom of the canyon, we slowed down to talk to each other. that ended up backing traffic up like no other. people were honking and high beaming. my friend and i stoped at a red light, talked some more, and decided to take off when it turned green. i had an extra passanger but i still managed to pull a lil bit on him because of a better launch.

we went our separate ways, and i got on the freeway. on the onramp, a cl600 was in front of me. the passanger in that car threw out a few sunflower seeds out the window and they hit my car. so i decided to pull up to the drive and yell at them or mad dog them or something. he noticed me getting aggressive to try to catch up to him in traffic so he punched it. his car FLEEEWWW away and instantly put a shit load of cars on me. as soon as traffic started getting heavier again, i caught up and at this point i totally forgot about the sunflower seeds, i was just impressed with his german beast. we continued speeding and traffic racing. a motorcycle decided to jump in. in the end, the motorcylce was miles ahead of us, i was second, and the cl600 was a few cars behind me. i guess he didnt want to take the risk of damaging his $120,000+ car.

next i came across a 2000 v6 eclipse on roscoe. his car was riced out, he even had decals on his side windows. this guy annoyed the hell out of me, he would act like he wanted to race, but every time i bit his bait, he wouldnt go for it. finally we came to a light. he revs, revs but doesnt take off!!! next light same thing! third light he revs up again, and at this point im like "**** this fool!" then outta nowhere the light turned green and he launched his car. as soon as i heard his peel out i punched it also. instantly i jumped a car or two ahead of him, and at that point i realized that he let off the gas after i got to his side. now what kind of an idiot instigates a race and quits as soon as im about to make my pass.

my final race was the most exciting. it was against another infiniti, a g35 coupe.. we entered the freeway at the same time. he had a black coupe with clear corners and i think a body kit. at first i didnt think much off him, but as soon as he hit the onramp he punched it. i decided to follow to see how i would compete. this race was very similar to the race my friend in the 330 had except this g35 was also faster in a straight line. we went up to speeds exceeding 125 and the race went exactly how i predicted. on straightways he pulled away from me very slowly, and when the freeway curved with bumps on the road i couldnt handle going 120mph so i had to slow down, while his car handled curves well and he kept his speed and walked away from me. it was a fun race even though i never got to pass the ****er.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice runs, good launch on your buddies i35.

I have noticed that like any other make, some i's are faster than others. I raced a friend that was test driving an i35 from a roll and put more than a full length on him, I guess I'm grateful. However since adding an '04 Corvette 6 spd. with 3.42's to my list, flooring the i35 seems worthless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts