The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Former Alty Owner
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okie..

My troubles continue...:D

After having my Intake Manifold Gasket replaced... OMG what a bit#@ of a job to do... and somewhat fixing that Exhaust leak... I developed yet another fault code...

Code 1205

or "Line Pressure Solenoid"

any ideas on where or what the heck this is? I'm taking it to Nissan on Friday.. just want to know ahead of time..

Thanks people !!

·
Former Alty Owner
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ae2198 said:
sup jeff,

here's some info on your problem.

http://www.autotransinc.com/limp.htm

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/villagerquest/message/4486

hope that helps. later
anthony
Nice !

Anthony.. you are the man! I did find that first site before but I didn't get that article with my search.... that helped me out but also made me think more..:confused:

I did have two quick panic stops in which the quick braking blew my radio fuse.. Whatever that means... My speakers got alll staticky and it blew the fuse to the radio.. I have no idea if that did something to the tranny as the second link says.. I personally think it's the soleniod inside the tranny that fried or something.. I'm not worried about it because it's covered by the warranty.. but still that would mean yet another week with my alty :( and I must spend Thanksgiving day taking my rims off and "other accessories" I don't wish to have stolen at the dealer while the alty is in for repairs... ;)

·
"Member"
120 Posts
from reading your post and article....i think you must of, like you said, "fried the solenoid" in the transmission.

damn that sucks when you have to take a bunch of stuff off your car just to get it fixed.

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
AltimaJG said:
Okie..

My troubles continue...:D

After having my Intake Manifold Gasket replaced... OMG what a bit#@ of a job to do... and somewhat fixing that Exhaust leak... I developed yet another fault code...

Code 1205

or "Line Pressure Solenoid"

any ideas on where or what the heck this is? I'm taking it to Nissan on Friday.. just want to know ahead of time..

Thanks people !!
Does it drive? And if so, does it shift REALLY hard? Make sure the TPS for the auto trans is connected and adjusted correctly (the autos have 2 TPSs)
Make sure the dropping resistor for the line pressure solenoid is connected and functioning. It's the long rectangular silver thing on the front of the driver strut tower next to where the stock airbox goes.

·
Former Alty Owner
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: All Nissan techs.. Fault Code "1205" ?

kierandill said:

Does it drive? And if so, does it shift REALLY hard? Make sure the TPS for the auto trans is connected and adjusted correctly (the autos have 2 TPSs)
Make sure the dropping resistor for the line pressure solenoid is connected and functioning. It's the long rectangular silver thing on the front of the driver strut tower next to where the stock airbox goes.
YES!

The first time I took it out of the shop.. they didn't connect the silver thing in.. soo it shifted HOORRIIBBLLEE.. we re-connected it back the same night and the tranny is back to normal smooth shifting.

The OD button blinked like 16 times.. i reconnected the silver thing and that went away.. but that dam line pressure solenoi thing is still coming up..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts