The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an idle issue that came out of nowhere. The car chugs and shakes a little, but doesnt die. It drives and hasn't gotten any worse over the last couple of days. The vibration is coming from the motor and is most noticable at idle and low speeds. Within the last year new parts are: plugs and wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter and pressure regulator, ignition switch and coil. First I thought gas but the problem started at 1/2 a tank. I filled up the tank with some new gas and some agressive injector cleaner (which another poster says is not recommended).

With all these new parts and the fact that it's driveable and isn't dying, what are the next likely causes? I'm guessing injectors?

Scott

·
Registered
989 Posts
could be your timing, my timing is slightly off so the idle and acceleration isn't all that smoothe anymore... also check distributor cap and rotor, something could be wrong making a plug not fire and that would result in idle being quite uneven, in my oppinion

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a power transistor that sits on top of the MAF bracket. If it is starting to take a turn for the worst that could be your culpurit. You'll go crazy trying to replace filters and plugs, wires and distributors and even coils because the symptoms of it are so similar to all of these same problems. How is your throttle response and does it have a erratic idle?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have u checked ur motor mounts lately. I also had idle and low speed vibration. Changed all my motor mounts (they were bad) and now my car(93 altima) has ZERO vibration. it feels like a NEW car now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts