The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Boosted Member
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been having having problems with my headunit for sometime now, i'm just listening to music and then all of a sudden the music stops...the headunit doesn't shut-off and if i turn the volumne up to max, i can still hear it playing (the problem with that is, when it starts playing right, i about blow my speakers)....has anybody had this problem? i've checked out all the connects to the headunit in back

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
sounds to me like you have something wrong in the power wire or something similar that would cause it to lose the power it needs to maintain volume. it might not be the wires that you connected to set up the HU in the first place, your problem could be with wires in the stock wiring harness. dunno, just guessing. i know my alpine(7893) would shut off or just stop playing at semi-high volumes until i connected it directly to the battery w/ a fuse. but connecting my deck to teh battery was specifically recommended in its instruction manual. you might want to check yours and see. my deck is 60x4 tho. if yours is less than that, it's prolly something else.this is prolly all wrong tho. PM somebody like rthompson or TL or rlaing if they don't reply in this thread. they have a lot more experience than i do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts