The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, decide to complete my system this week so I went to my locale audio shop and had them install a alpine cda-9827 head unit, sounded pretty nice and had a lot of features too.

I also had em install some Type-S speakers in my doors and replacing my 6x9's. First off, if I take it as loud as I took it with my stock stereo, it starts cutting real bad. I even think my sub is cutting a little bit, although I cant be sure. I noticed this at the shop, and the tech said that an amp would take care of it, although if the sub "is" cutting then an amp wont do shit. I think im getting screwed...also, I can hear it pop a little bit everytime i turn the stereo up or down, you know between each number in the head unit.

Could it just be the type s speakers blow, or could the head unit be defective? or any other ideas?

thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or maybe chopping, it sounds real distorted, a lot worse than my stock stereo at loud volume, it sounds better when low. It also seems to hurt my ears....? I cant really explain it, because I dont run it as loud, but it still makes them ache.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have been playing with them, trying to make them sound better, obviously.
Played with base, treb, sub control, media xpander, havn't gone too far into it though.

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
So, then are you using the internal power to push these speakers?
If so, I would just get a cheap 2-ch or 4-ch amp for the speakers.
Regardless, the sound shouldn't be like that. Check your X-over points if those are on the deck. If not, that could be one reason. Also, what do you have settings on (ie bass, treble, etc)?

·
AIR FORCE ONE
350 Posts
prcharlie said:
Sounds like a problem with the deck or the install. The shop should step up. No high end after market deck and speakers should sound worse than the factory set up. (Unless you went from Bose to Kraco)

How is your sub connected? via line out converter or the sub out on the deck?
Definetly the deck. I HAD and Alpine deck and it sent noise through my entire system. After switching to a Pioneer deck everything is faulking sweet.

No matter how well everything was grounded or protected from electrical current the deck would pick-up noise.

The noise you hear when turning the volume up and down is from your shitty deck. Buying an amp for your speakers won't help. It (amp) will just amplify the sound even more.

Your options are:

1. New deck
2. or noise suppresors

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
uh, the 9827 is FAR from a shitty deck. the ONLY good pioneer decks are their upper end decks. if you had a problem with an Alpine deck, it was likely a faulty unit or poor wiring.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im going back tuesday, they are recommending an amp to put more power to the speakers.
Let me clarify though.
It starts cliping around 18-20, and after that its pretty bad. Before that you cant really hear any clipping and the speakers do sound better, but I really dont consider 18-20 loud enough(I would equate 25 on this new alpine to about 27 on the stock alti stereo).
SO, my plan is on tuesday talk to them about the wiring, ask them about how they wired the sub, and talk to them about the posibilty of the deck being faulty. I've done a lot of business with them, and they are treating me pretty well. If you remember I had some trouble with an eclipse sub, they are currently letting me try out different subs to see which ones I like, and they are gonna let me trade straight across when I pick out a pair.

anyways, thanks for all the input, I'll let you know what's up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It does seem strange that the factory head produced higher volume, but it sounds like they are going to do you a solid. Do you have sub volume control when you press the volume button once?? If so then the sub is rca'd correctly

Is it me or is this forum now super slow?????? Dial up sucks!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah I have direct sub control through the deck, so they wired that correctly. I am becoming convinced that it is a lack of power, because the speakers are 40 watts rms(6.5s up front) and 50 watts rms (6x9's in back).
the deck is 18 watts rms for 4 channels, so I'm going to have them put in a rockford fosgate 551x 4 channel amp. I'm getting a hell of a deal on it. soo, here is my system as it will sit with the new amp on tues:

deck: alpine cda-9827
speakers: front-6.5's alpine type s -- rear-6x9 alpine type s
amps: rockford 1001bd(subs) and 551x(for highs)
subs: 2 rockford fosgate punch stage 3 12 inch (p312d4)
that about sums her up, after the second amp i should be done with the inside of the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts