The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
First off, I didn't even know JBL made a 300W 2 channel amp. And secondly why not get a mono amplifier? Class D amps are usually much more efficient. Grab the TypeR (never was a kicker fan), if you can pick it up with dual 4 oh coils, and run them to a 2 ohm load with a BP 300.1

Keep in mind, this is for a single sub setup... for a dual sub go for either dual 2ohm VCs or Single 4 ohm VCs.... team them up with a BP600.1

·
Registered
26 Posts
those two subs don't even compare. the alpine is a much better sub. those kickers are the lowest model they've got. I would say buy your sub first, then find it a box. for a box the easiest would be to check out speakerhole.com and look for a sealed box for a 10. and yeah the JBL 300.1 class D will work just fine. it looks like a 2 channel because of the two inputs but it's really a 1 channel.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
awww come on guys how am i supposed to get rich if you keep telling people that... J/K

Even tho i sell sub boxes i still tell people to make their own, it is easy and cheap, but if you don't have the tools or the time i am more than willing to do it.

If you are into sound quality you can do either a sealed or a low tuned ported box. Let me punch some numbers and i will get back to you on the ported alignment.

·
Mine's bigger than yours
401 Posts
dj_madness, it keeps saying this when i try to pm you: "This user's mailbox is currently full, and cannot be sent any messages until it is cleaned out. An email has been sent notifying the user of this. Please try your request at a later time." Weird...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its totally empty!
i dont get it.. just post on here or email me @

[email protected]

and I saw some deals on

store.returnbuy.com
could you let me know what the best subs out of those are.. there is a bazooka 12" for like 30$ and an alpine 10 or 12 for cheap also..

+ a box and what would be the best amp to power those?

jbl180.2? cheap but good once again..

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also, how would I go about getting probably a cb and being able to speak out of sound system?
I've seen someone do this or maybe he was talking out of a single speaker connected to the cd but oh well.. it was sweet!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
looks like if you make a 1 cube ported box (for the alpine) tuned to 29 Hz, you will need a 3"x 18" round port. Should sound quite nice in that box.
If you need to save some space a .55 cube sealed box is a good SQ slignment.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
if you want to make a box a specific size it is easy... Here is a quick tutorial.

1 cubic foot is 1728 cubic inches 12x12x12=1728

first just decide on two of the dimensions that you want.
Lets assume that you want the box to be 12" wide and 15" high and are aiminf for 1 cubic foot.
area=length x width x height
1728= length x 12 x 15
doing some quick algebra we have
1728/(12 x 15)= length
we get 9.6 inches deep, but that doesn't account for port or sub displacement, so we will have to use a larger number for the area. 1.2 cubes would be a good target number.
To find out how many cubic inches are in 1.2 cubic feet is easy.
1.2 x 1728=2073.6 cubic inches.
then to find the dimensions of the box all we have to do is take
2073.6 and divide by two of the dimensions (multiplied together)that you want the box to be and you can come up with the last dimension.

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
Dj_Madness said:
Its totally empty!
Make sure your Outbox (Sent Items) are emptied and deleted too!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright sounds good.. I know what to do now. just make a square box or a little higher with a triangle shape?

Whats the best way to seal the sides together?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well guys it comes down to this,
I was going to get all my stuff but returnbuy does not ship to Canada or anywhere else than states!
So I will be buying the
Infinity KAPPA 100.1se
or the
Kicker COMP C10 or C12

you guys let me know.. I'm leaning towards the Infinity since they make good stuff and then I need a cheap amp to run all this..
wondering where to get the amp...

and then well I build my own box and I'm set..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts