The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car:
Now this was the latest generation Prelude w/ body kit.
Monster tach and possibly vtec controller
I'm in Altima, i/e.

Conditions
Going slightly uphill.
He dropped first at idle rpm or slightly above.
I torque brake to about 1500

We are at a redlight, I notice his car roll back and he gives a little rev and creeps forward. So I torque brake about 1500.
The light turns and I get the jump and he is at my back bumper.
I didn't pay attention to the speed maybe 40 (whenever auto Alt shifts to 2nd) I had the lead, I hear him chirp 2nd and I notice he starts pulling on me, and then passes, and he gets ahead by maybe a car length.

Disclaimer
I'm not saying I can beat a Prelude because if I was in the Lude I would have dropped clutch at about 2500 not off idle. But I was surprised that it was so close. Even though I give the Lude credit because he came from behind and passed.

Moral of the story
It is not always about the car, but also the driver

·
Banned
1,462 Posts
Real story: You NEVER know what is going in a street race. Maybe the other guy was thinking about the many points on his license and backed off? Maybe he was aware that the area you raced was a cop hang out? Maybe he was just playing, the point is; if you are not lined up at a real drag strip or on an auto x course then you don't know if the other driver is really racing.

Take care.

·
VTEC wont save you....
2,179 Posts
Slice said:
Real story: You NEVER know what is going in a street race. Maybe the other guy was thinking about the many points on his license and backed off? Maybe he was aware that the area you raced was a cop hang out? Maybe he was just playing, the point is; if you are not lined up at a real drag strip or on an auto x course then you don't know if the other driver is really racing.

Take care.
You are such a dick.Post what you drive or stay the fuck out of this forum.PERIOD.

Take care:D

HK-

·
Banned
1,462 Posts
HondaKillah said:

You are such a dick.Post what you drive or stay the fuck out of this forum.PERIOD.

Take care:D

HK-
You are right HK....I am a dick.Thanks for being such an outstanding moderator.I drive a YUGO with 2 inch DAYTONS and some FUZZY DICE hanging from my rear view.I am a riceboy and I like being a RICEBOY.

Now if you will excuse me I have a dildo to pull out my ass.

*hurries off to the store to get some more KY Jelly*

;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slice said:

Take care.

Like I said I don't think I would beat a Lude in all circumstances
U might want to read the post again or read this part.......

Disclaimer
I'm not saying I can beat a Prelude because if I was in the Lude I would have dropped clutch at about 2500 not off idle. But I was surprised that it was so close. Even though I give the Lude credit because he came from behind and passed.

:D :D

·
Banned
1,462 Posts
I know that dude, You were right. Good kill against that driver!

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
THEKVJ,

Good race. How did you know he had VTEC controller?

That thing in stick form would have smoked even your Accord if driven optimally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know how you can call that a kill but good race nevertheless. I am also curious as how you knew he had a vtec controller(apexi/fields???). And if had a good launch(yes your right it does depend on driver) he would have had you at the end of first gear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is a nice Lude (lets race Accord V6)
Yeah your right, he didn't have a good launch, but I thought he would have still pulled quicker, I had him to about 40.

I said possible controller, I didn't get a chance to get a good look but his car is always at this shop (Concept Racing), so I'll find out and let u know whats up, trust me I want to know myself but I'm pretty sure.

·
Import Tech.
1,903 Posts
The big problem I have with this story is , that Prelude should have been well into 2nd by the time the Auto Altima hit 2nd , Even on my 5 spd. the Hondas hit 2nd way before I do , thats usualy where I get them , when they shift to 3rd I am right at peak power in 2nd so I pull them .....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shawn you maybe right I don't know what gear he kicked into but I figured he chirped 2nd because I don't know if he could have chirped 3rd but maybe. I didn't pay attn to what gear he was in, I was to busy looking at my tach and amazed that I got a jump like that.

·
dismember
9,414 Posts
THEKVJ said:
Shawn you maybe right I don't know what gear he kicked into but I figured he chirped 2nd because I don't know if he could have chirped 3rd but maybe. I didn't pay attn to what gear he was in, I was to busy looking at my tach and amazed that I got a jump like that.
um, if u have an auto, why do u look @ the tach :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts