The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I need help identifying this connector coming off alternator harness in my 05 Altima 2.5s. Recently my cat has rusted off while I was driving and burnt up this wire coming off the alternator. My break and battery light lights up while I’m driving, I unplugged said connector and started my car up while unplugged the light went away. What is this connected to and what is its function? Thank you! View attachment 103127 View attachment 103128

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
You assume I am God, not so. Cut the wire into part of the good part and take it with you to match what you buy. If anything make the new wire bigger NOT SMALLER. If you look hard enough you will likely find they make a connector with a certain length of wire to switch that, ask.

As to wire function, if you have shorted to cat enough to melt what is on the other end the wire may now run to things it did not before, so again worthless asking the question. All you can do is fix wire and hope nothing further got damaged because it could be 500 other things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah man don’t think you God at all just somebody who took time out they day to answer my question because I assumed he knew something about the wire in question Glooking out tho bro about the wire advice chill on the sarcasm lol thanks tho honestly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts