The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
It's Paid For.
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my alternator checked, and its charging at a wonderful 2.8 amps. At 2000rpm it charges at 8.9 amps. So I believe it is safe to say it's dead. Now 2 years ago it was rebuilt to 110 amps. Are there any other options as far as getting a stronger, higher output alternator? 110 is better than the stock 80, but I have a system, and my headlights and fog lights run about 225 watts of power, not to mention I have the pulley (may or may not attribute). I already have an Optima battery, which is probably the only thing keeping me going. The battery does charge at 14 volts, some of the time. My guess would be the internal voltage regulator. How hard would it be to find better internals and rebuild it myself? Where could I order the better internals? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
100 Posts
mine came with one pumping 114 amps, i don't know if its stock or not but it kicks!! one mechanic tried to change it because he said the reason my car would accasionally die during an idle was that.... NOT ( i still don't know why it does that any idea???)

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Do you guys think that the alternator could attribute to my car feeling sluggish? I have done everything for my cars tuneup except fuel injection cleaning and this heavy tank feels like a heavy tank without the tracks.

·
Simple Pleasures C.C.
3,227 Posts
accuvolt is a unit that will supply a steady 14.4v to your car audio and other equipment.

As for experiences with mr.alternator.com I just got mine in this week. Will be putting it on sometime real quick here.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts