The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me of a quick and simple way (without the use of any equipment) to test whether the alternator on a 95 altima GXE is going bad. Also, since I am novice at this , is it easy to replace the alternator myself and what are the steps for doing that. Your help is appreciated. Thanx

Altima 95 GXE

·
8,112 Posts
If your Battery light is on and brake light that is a sure way to see if the alternator is done for.

Get a haynes manual from auto shop ($12) and it will give you step by step instruction for replacing it. It will also help with a lot of other things (brakes, suspesion, etc.) so its worth just getting it anyways.

·
DRUNKEN WIKI TERRORIST
1,445 Posts
old mechanical trick is to see if it has magnetic pull. take a screwdriver and put it on the flat panel next to the coil and see if it tugs..... if it does then ur alternator still werks check ur belt while ur there cause a slipping belt can have some of the same symptoms

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Start your car, turn on the dome light, and headlights. With your foot on the brake, press annd hold the power window button down. If your car stops running, then you may need a new alternator or battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts