The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok check it ou , my alternator went tits on me and i need to get another one. i have priced them down here in yuma, but the only thing is i can only get the factory 80 amp. i need a higher output one. can anyone help???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks... hey punlskater,if you read this and still have it and want to get rid of it....holla at me

·
Heineken Skank
359 Posts
ALternator

Bro,

save yourself the money and go get it rewired. It costs about 200 bucks but you can get it up to 145 amps. A friend of mine had that done to his instead of buying a new one...peace..

·
Retired MòDÉrâTòR
824 Posts
Remanufactured alternators tend to have problems. Once in a while, you get lucky. A custom high amp alternator is going to be expensive. The ironic thing is Raynmels sold me that Ohio gen alternator a while back.:)
What's causing you to toast out your alternator? Audio?
If so, caps and batteries can help releave some of those problems but not completely.

Here is another opption if you want to go the expensive route...
http://www.mechman.com/
Give them a call, they are very nice people.

Peace,

·
Registered
46 Posts
only problem with caps is they are only good for aprox the first fifteen to twenty min your car is on till they are drained and the alternator can't keep up if your running a large system they also put a huge strain on the alternator, a second battery is only good if you are running the system with the car off and it is used as secondary it does no good while the car is running because if your alternator can't keep up with your current system how is it going to keep up with another battery on top of the current load

·
Registered
475 Posts
go to a junkyard, pull an alternator, and take it to a motor repair shop and have it rewound. If you aren't in a hurry you can usually get a better price on the rewind with them doing it when they aren't busy. My cousin had his rewound....mustang for 80bucks ( i know he might have been lucky) but the deals are out there

·
Registered
184 Posts
Don't the caps only kick in when the battery is low? I thought it was more for protection, so you don't drain your battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts