The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some altezzas for my car. After looking at them I noticed only 3 slots for bulbs. If I'm not mistaken isnt there 4 bulbs on an 94 altima? My car is in the shop for another week so I cant compare.

Just wanted to know if anyone has installed them of has any inout or advice on jerryrigging the installation.

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
i always thought there was only 3...i think it's still 3...cuz ur driving/brake lights is a dual filament bulb...so u'll have 3 slots...

man...everyon is getting these things...o wellz...

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
no there are 4 bulbs. 2 for brake per side. 2nd gen is probably diff.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
2nd gens only have 3 bulbs-top brake, reverse, and turn signal

1st gens have 4 bulbs- 2 brakes, 1 signal, 1 reverse

though, im not sure, from the looks of it, there is only one brake light bulb due to the one red circle on the altezza tails

·
Popetastic
394 Posts
you just unhook the tail light from the harness...plug in the new tails into the harness...you wind up with an extra dual filiment bulb for each side and each of the tiny lights like you have in the headlights. The dual fill. bulb goes in the red circle...the 2 single fil go in the clear circle on top of each other.. Oh...and you will have people pissed off behind you when you turn...cause it is blinding behind you when you got your blinker on. Haven't been pulled over by a cop yet...but I'm sure I will..it is TOOO bright. Oh..and another nice thing...the seals on the tails arent that good. Tiny amount of water does leak on the top of both of mine.

·
Popetastic
394 Posts
Oh, and when you install them...you might want to make the top outside hole bigger for the studs on the light fit better. That one on each side seems to be a "C" hair off. Otherwise you will have to force it on...making the threads "click" and it goes in and have to tightend the nut to make it close up, plus you'll prolly fudge up the threads. If you don't...it will be hella hard to take them off cause they will get stuck, and you might run the risk of breaking it.

·
Popetastic
394 Posts
it's not that one...it's actually the seal on the lense it self. The glue or whatever they used to seal the clear lens to the back of the light isn't all that good, at least on mine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
riceboytat do you have any pics yet ? I would like to see what they look like on our cars

·
maybe another alty soon?
1,509 Posts
They look like shit, IMO. They look like eyes staring at you, and it makes them look horrible. Again, this is just my opinion..

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
jsx_22 said:
riceboytat do you have any pics yet ? I would like to see what they look like on our cars
search, it's been posted.

·
W_______I_______D_______E
1,492 Posts
RiceBoyTat said:
you just unhook the tail light from the harness...plug in the new tails into the harness...you wind up with an extra dual filiment bulb for each side and each of the tiny lights like you have in the headlights. The dual fill. bulb goes in the red circle...the 2 single fil go in the clear circle on top of each other.. Oh...and you will have people pissed off behind you when you turn...cause it is blinding behind you when you got your blinker on. Haven't been pulled over by a cop yet...but I'm sure I will..it is TOOO bright. Oh..and another nice thing...the seals on the tails arent that good. Tiny amount of water does leak on the top of both of mine.
at least they're good for something. IMO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts