The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some issues with the camera when this would happen occasionally. But since a month or so, the backup camera screen is always greyscaled and very dark. You can hardly see during daylight but may be able to see during dark hours.
I found that there exists a service bulleting for software update but the dealer would ask chunk of money for just software upgrade without necessarily fixing the issue. My questions-
Is this just a bad wiring issue as I can see the images from the backup camera or its the camera itself?
Any recommended aftermarket camera for Altima 2014?
Where can I get a DIY direction to replace the camera by myself? I need help with disassembly and identifying the correct wires for the camera.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,040 Posts
Most likely the camera is malfunctioning...water ingress etc. A new/used one should resolve.

·
2016 TEANA 3.5 SL
213 Posts
Dang that sucks. Check the wires underneath the door of the trunk. There's like 8,9,10 plastic pins you need to pop out to unveil the wires. once you get that off, just check for anything that is loose and check all the plugs; making sure everything is in and connected.

idk maybe you've been slamming your trunk wayy too hard lately.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang that sucks. Check the wires underneath the door of the trunk. There's like 8,9,10 plastic pins you need to pop out to unveil the wires. once you get that off, just check for anything that is loose and check all the plugs; making sure everything is in and connected.

idk maybe you've been slamming your trunk wayy too hard lately.
I removed the cover on the trunk hood and detached the connector and put it back. The Camera is back to life with full colors. Seems nothing was wrong with it. Thanks

Although I the dealer for a software update to fix the PINK screen for which they said, they will charge labor. I wish i cna get the software online like any other electronics these days and can update myself.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,040 Posts
thanks for solution!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts