Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Altima: no resonator
s2k:tanabe exhuast,nt555 radial, spoiler

In the altima there was 3 people, me , my uncle and his gf, and in the s2k 2 people who we know. They be talkin smac about the heavy altima what do you know. we smoke it 8 time from punches and starts. I let the s2k go a car ahead and we caught up to them in no time. we beat them always 1-4 cars length. they never had a chance to catch up.i think the s2k is weak.i never had a chance. we sholda had video but the camera was not in town. next time we will for sure call the owner: 214-228-8736 his name is bao. he live in garland red s2k with black spoiler. you can start flaming.

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
With a good driver, the S2000 will win. Don't think for a minute that our Altima can win either drag or road course. Maybe once in while, but again depends on the driver.

I have raced them both and have a lot of respect for the S2000.

·
Registered
173 Posts
S2000's are hard cars to drive because of the short gears and narrow power band.

·
Registered
574 Posts
ritepina said:
With a good driver, the S2000 will win. Don't think for a minute that our Altima can win either drag or road course. Maybe once in while, but again depends on the driver.

I have raced them both and have a lot of respect for the S2000.
To make the S2000 go fast, you have to abuse the shit out of it....basically drive it in a way that, in the long term, would be damaging to both the clutch and probably the engine. And even then you'd be doing 0-60 in about 5.8-5.9 seconds. Beating an S2000 in a 3.5SE is very possible, especially from a start where torque is key.

·
Nympho
176 Posts
Capitalist said:

To make the S2000 go fast, you have to abuse the shit out of it....basically drive it in a way that, in the long term, would be damaging to both the clutch and probably the engine.

so your saying.. you dont need to abuse your own car to beat an s2000? or does abusing only come into consideration when u drive a car with a 9k tach? reving to redline, is reving to redline.. either way you go about it.. your abusing your car.

dave

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
Capitalist said:

To make the S2000 go fast, you have to abuse the shit out of it....basically drive it in a way that, in the long term, would be damaging to both the clutch and probably the engine. And even then you'd be doing 0-60 in about 5.8-5.9 seconds. Beating an S2000 in a 3.5SE is very possible, especially from a start where torque is key.
Anything is possible. Stock S2000 are closer to 5.5 secs with a compitent driver. (one willing to drive it to the limit) With your theory, I could beat a Ferrari F40. (sure if the guy miss shifted, drop his transmission, and crashed into a tree) :D

Personally I've beat my friends S2000, but I wouldn't brag saying the s2k is weak and never had a chance.

·
Registered
574 Posts
NewAltima said:

so your saying.. you dont need to abuse your own car to beat an s2000? or does abusing only come into consideration when u drive a car with a 9k tach? reving to redline, is reving to redline.. either way you go about it.. your abusing your car.

dave
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Revving up to 9K is not the same thing as revving up to 6.5K. From what I understand, with it's 153 lbs of torque, you have to keep it above 6000 rpm (that's where the VTEC kicks in) to go fast....and max torque is achieved at 7500 RPM. That's can't be good for the engine in the long run, even though it's designed for higher revs than a regular engine. 3.5SE has almost 100 lbs of torque over the S2000 and max torque is available at only 4400 rpm. Plus the Altima has a much flatter power curve so you only have to stay in the high rpm band for a short period of time.

Clutch abuse is another issue. I hate to be a magazine racer, but even Car and Driver said that if you want to your S2000 to be fast, be prepared to know your mechanic on first name basis.

·
Nympho
176 Posts
Capitalist said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Revving up to 9K is not the same thing as revving up to 6.5K. From what I understand, with it's 153 lbs of torque, you have to keep it above 6000 rpm (that's where the VTEC kicks in) to go fast....and max torque is achieved at 7500 RPM. That's can't be good for the engine in the long run, even though it's designed for higher revs than a regular engine. 3.5SE has almost 100 lbs of torque over the S2000 and max torque is available at only 4400 rpm. Plus the Altima has a much flatter power curve so you only have to stay in the high rpm band for a short period of time.

Clutch abuse is another issue. I hate to be a magazine racer, but even Car and Driver said that if you want to your S2000 to be fast, be prepared to know your mechanic on first name basis.

well considering your buying a honda that was designed to be performance orientaded to the likes of a formula 1 car... i dont see why you wouldnt abuse it in the first place? the car is designed, and loved to revved to 9k. so no, revving to 6k compared to 9k, at least for the engine, no extra wear and tear could really be considered nor compared. now for drivetrain parts thats another story.. i honestly cant believe u could complain about such a car that was designed for street driving with such a large tach? i myself would love that. on another note, you keep ranting on and on for how much torque the 2k2 altima has over the altima. do you not realize that horsepower is just a measure of torque by rpm/5,252. as stated u could conclude how much horsepower is being 'lost' in a higher displaced engine such as an alty, or any other vq series for that matter. that is 3.5 liters putting out 240-260hp, compared to a 2.0 liter placing the same ammount of horsepower is astronomical! one last thing i ask, you stated the altima has the 'flatter' powercurve, curious what do u mean by 'flatter'? the s2000 has by far, the one of the most smoothest power curves in the lower priced sports market, let alone comparable to many other exotics.

again, enough ranting on and on about the wonderful design of the s2000's engine. i could see how it would be 'easier' to take an s2000 from a straight line. but place a serious driver behind the wheel (maybe me? jk :D) and you'll have one powerful sleeping beast.

dave

·
Registered
574 Posts
We could argue about this forever but the fact of the matter is, he won....so there you go :D :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Capitalist said:

Hmm, you got a couple of things wrong here...

1. A well designed, high-revving engine will not wear out faster than a not-so-well designed low-revving engine. Just look at Acura Integras that are out there. People are revving the bejesus out of them (8000 rpm redline), and there are plenty of examples of cars with over 200K miles on them running strong.
On the other hand, look at the 4.6 V8 Mustangs. You'll be lucky if you get to 100K miles with it, even though it's a low revving engine.

2. S2000 has a much flatter torque curve than the Altima. Just look at the dynos.

·
Registered
100 Posts
djpeetur said:
Altima: no resonator
s2k:tanabe exhuast,nt555 radial, spoiler

In the altima there was 3 people, me , my uncle and his gf, and in the s2k 2 people who we know. They be talkin smac about the heavy altima what do you know. we smoke it 8 time from punches and starts. I let the s2k go a car ahead and we caught up to them in no time. we beat them always 1-4 cars length. they never had a chance to catch up.i think the s2k is weak.i never had a chance. we sholda had video but the camera was not in town. next time we will for sure call the owner: 214-228-8736 his name is bao. he live in garland red s2k with black spoiler. you can start flaming.
Now that's a biggest load of BS I've seen in a while.

Lay off the dope, man. Or learn the difference between a Civic and an S2000.

·
layin rubber on philly
130 Posts
the 02 alty ownz the s2000

·
layin rubber on philly
130 Posts
enough said

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.