The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on this board dyno tested their 2002 3.5 liter v6 altima. I am interested in seeing the results.

What kind of mods are there for the suspension, induction/exhaust system, and the engine of the V6 3.5 altima? Shocks, springs, coilovers, spark plugs, intake (CAI or SRI), exhaust, headers, muffler, supercharger, turbocharger, ECU upgrades, etc.? Has anyone tried Nitros in a 3.5 liter V6?

Also, any good looking bodykits out there for te 2002 altima?

·
Registered
3 Posts
nitinj said:
What kind of mods are there for the suspension, induction/exhaust system, and the engine of the V6 3.5 altima? Shocks, springs, coilovers, spark plugs, intake (CAI or SRI), exhaust, headers, muffler, supercharger, turbocharger, ECU upgrades, etc.? Has anyone tried Nitros in a 3.5 liter V6?

Also, any good looking bodykits out there for te 2002 altima? [/B]
Relax man. There will be parts for your car in the near future. With any new car, it takes tuners some time to make stuff for it. I had to wait almost a year before I could put a kit on my 328 cuz all the tuners were taking their sweet ol'time.

In the mean time just save your $$$$$ so you can buy up all the goodies when they come out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't forget that tuners had to develop parts but also must be sure that it will be a fair market base for their products. So, let just suppose that sales volume is under 5,000 for the Altima V-6, they would not even consider thinking about developping new products for it.

Happily, Altima's sales will be far more than that; Nissan expect a volume of about 35-38,000 units in the first year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
RatonLaveur said:
Don't forget that tuners had to develop parts but also must be sure that it will be a fair market base for their products. So, let just suppose that sales volume is under 5,000 for the Altima V-6, they would not even consider thinking about developping new products for it.

Happily, Altima's sales will be far more than that; Nissan expect a volume of about 35-38,000 units in the first year.
Hey salut RatonLaveur

Not considering the body kits, what will help the Altima to get aftermarket parts is the fact that the engine is also used in other models. Therefore, aftermarket part makers don't make parts for the "altima" but rather for the nissan 3.5 VQ engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i drove the new 2002

I drove the new 2002 Altima SE V6..OFF THE FU**ING CHAIN!! that i had the sales guy freaking out because i was going so fast 240 hp makes it FLY.. the one i drove was fully loaded and it was 31k i suggest everyone go drive one and feel that Altima dip.. lookout for my Silver 00' Altima coming soon(when i get a digital camera)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts