The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
97.5 Altima vs. Miata

I was driving back from a friend's superbowl party last night and I was just trying to drive the speed limit because I had a couple of beers in me and still a little high. But then this one car that was about to pass in the other lane starts driving side by side w/ my car so I look over for a sec and it was a miata the prev gen. I just kinda ignored him cause I thought he was checking out my car and I it'd be really stupid to race when I can busted pretty big. But the dude kept cutting in front of me and slowing down to get my attention. I noticed he had altezza tail lights and he had one those autometers or you know those big tach's w/ the orange light on it. The street we were driving on was basically pitch black and the only lights you see are your headlight and some house lights through trees. I'm guessing the guy had much more than I had under my hood all I've had done is a partial cat-back, k&n filtercharger. Ever since I got beat by my manager's civic I've been only doing cosmetic mods (body kit, rims, lights). well anyhow we came upto a to a traffic light and there is about 1/2 mile straight away in front of us so he reved his engine and I gave him the knod. And I figured I'd give him some fun since he tried so hard to get my atten. I figured I'd lose because I have an auto that needed a oil change 1,000 mi. ago and my engines been needing a tune or something because it's making funny noises. So the light turns green I had my over drive off and I was spinning my tires, I'm guessing he was too, but I didn't want to look back since I was already 3/4 car length ahead of him by the time we got out of the intercection. Then I relaxed the gas every now and then to let the gears change easier and turned back on over drive at about 60 then when I checked back he was at least 1 1/2 car lengths behind me. Then right when I reached 80mph he must have had nitrious cause he went from 2 car lengths behind me to about 2 in front of me just like that. But then the ass hole cut into my lane and slows down to the speed limit that is 35 or 40 mph, I almost killed that dumbass. So I tailgated him till I turned around in the next street. But it was a very good win for me when I thought I had no chance. I'm just thinking what loser he is, he had a tuned manual roadster and got beat by an auto 4-door family sedan and both cars cost almost the same.

Sorry about the length but w/out the details some members get pissed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
good kill considering your car is stock and you got an slowmatic and your car is running slugish

·
P-Fuzzy if ya nasty
724 Posts
that wasnt nitrous that was him putting the pedal all the way down

·
Registered
41 Posts
i bet it was nos Miata's with a stick run 16.9's and that guy probably had an ass launch and then was like wtf , hit nos in 3rd so he wonden run the possiblity of messing up something under the hood.

·
Registered
41 Posts
but nos is fair game and you still lost

G

·
sorry humpty, i'm usually not that mean off the bat, but people like you really do piss me off. you get into the driver's seat of your car drunk and high. then you race. way to go. :rolleyes:

and that's if the story was actually true. seeing as how i don't believe the race part of it, i'm not sure what to make of the rest.

·
Banned
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wasn't drunk, cause I only drank like 4-5 beers during the whole game, but I didn't want to race at all because I thought it would really stupid to risk getting a wrechless endangerment ticket, I probably didn't even have enough alcohol in my blood to get a dwi. It was only because the miata driver was circling me for about a mile and I figured this would be the only way I would get him off my back. You're right he did beat me at the end nitrious or not. But in the 1/4 mile I probably had him, so I think it really could have gone either way. And if he didn't put didn't put the pedal all the way down, who's fault is that? the bad driver's. I believe that if you challenge a car that you would assume you'd kick the ass of, you should do it, and it's even worse if the driver had a roadster that was fully tuned w/ nitirious had competition w/ an "auto 4-door family sedan" as I put it before. Sorry about the post subject line I noticed it too after I posted it.

·
boosted
397 Posts
Sorry but the truth is your slushbox alty is just slow. A 5-speed miata ain't no rocket, but still faster than an auto altima.

G

·
Chad said:
Sorry but the truth is your slushbox alty is just slow. A 5-speed miata ain't no rocket, but still faster than an auto altima.
heh, heh. what i'm thinking is that the miata guy didn't have a clue the altima guy wanted to race. he sees the altima guy take off a bit faster than him, and hears a mad exhaust, figures he wants to race, then puts the pedal to the metal. :p

indeed, i even have an auto alty, and i admit it's pretty slow when comparing it to other modded import cars, but it still does catch very many people by surprise. all that "pretty slow" crap will change to "not quite that slow" once i get my torque converter... i'm ordering it tomorrow! *evil grin*

then, once i paste up that dent in my bank account, perhaps i'll go for an ecu.

and roflmfao @ "wrechless endangerment"!!

·
Banned
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no doubt, having an auto does suck at racing time, but it's so convient at others, like in traffic. I'm planning to get headers next I think or maybe finish off my kit. I have a fpr but I don't think it'll do much w/out headers. It seems like my cars dying anyways and I'll probably have to get a ride in a couple years when I'm done with school. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a winter car and a summer car or at least a winter car and a crotch rocket. I know he knew we were racing, the only thing is that he might not have gotten traction because it was sub-zero temp at the time and between moisture and the salt on the road even my tires spin all the time when not trying to.

·
U13 Drifter
548 Posts
good race, you should look into at least getting an underdrive pulley humpty

·
Auto Tech
1,027 Posts
ummmm miatas aren't that fast, my mom has a 99, and ive driven it before, they are very very light thats why they're sorta fast, but i know my altima can beat it, and my alty's stock

G

·
humpty said:
I know he knew we were racing, the only thing is that he might not have gotten traction because it was sub-zero temp at the time and between moisture and the salt on the road even my tires spin all the time when not trying to.
i know, i know he knew you were racing... just foolin' 'round with ya.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts