The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has the altima come out in the UK yet? i tried asking my cousin who is welsh but i couldnt understand his ass, any info?

·
Registered
767 Posts
As far as I understand, the the altima is exclusive to the US. of course it has been a while, and I COULD be wrong.

·
SHIFT_performance
779 Posts
I'm not sure if the new Altima will be going to Europe period. I believe it's North America only, not even Japan has the Altima.

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i c, cuz the IS300 was exclusive to the US for awhile then they brought out the IS200 in wales.

thx guys

·
Registered
91 Posts
03 White Altima 3.5SE said:
I'm not sure if the new Altima will be going to Europe period. I believe it's North America only, not even Japan has the Altima.
Thats because Japan has a semi popular car called the skyline

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
premierdrumm3r said:
i c, cuz the IS300 was exclusive to the US for awhile then they brought out the IS200 in wales.

thx guys
I think the IS300 is also known as the toyota altezza. I think that was just in japan though. Im not sure, I could be wrong.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
I heard in a post awhile back they have the altima in Germany.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Due to it's size, I don't think you'll find Altima anywhere but in big North American streets.

The other possible location would be middle east. But people there either have Merecedes or be on foot. Mid size, mid grade cars are not very common.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Xtrema said:
Due to it's size, I don't think you'll find Altima anywhere but in big North American streets.

The other possible location would be middle east. But people there either have Merecedes or be on foot. Mid size, mid grade cars are not very common.
Wrong on both counts.... Europeans drive a lot of cars the size of the Altima, and in the Middle East they drive a bit of everything. I've spent a lot of time in both places....

·
F**ked Up Member
280 Posts
sht dawg said:
I think the IS300 is also known as the toyota altezza. I think that was just in japan though. Im not sure, I could be wrong.
Yes they had the IS300 in Japan first, almost 2 years before it came to the states. And yes it was called the Altezza. That's the main reason the aftermarket industry for IS300's are so much better than us. While we have to wait month's for a one intake or header, they can easily get one or more choices.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just came back from Ireland 3 months ago and no one has ever heard of the altima there but I did get quite a few jealous looks when I showed them the picture and the specs...

However, Europe gets Nissan Sunny GTR. This is a fun little car, the size of ford focus. It comes with a rear wheal drive, and a 1.8 lt., 215 hp turbo engine. Considering that the car only weights 2700, it is damn quick!!! This is by far the choice of tuners in Ireland, unless of course they can afford the Skyline!!! Yes, they have it there and I was druling all over every time I saw one....

·
Registered
26 Posts
What Europe also has is Nissan Primera. The car was just redesigned 6 months ago and that is the closest to the altima they have. It is a 4 door "saloon" as they call it and it is a very close copy of the G20. IT does have some nice features such as 6-speed manual, nav. system, and a whole bunch of high tech things that infinity puts in their cars here in the US. what sucks is that the most potent engine is a 2.5 lt. V-6 producing a whoping 180 hp. I think our altima looks way better and handles better.

·
*Altimate member*
206 Posts
Yes Altimas for now are only American
sold,btw i didn't know Kia had a car called Optima.
I hope when I tell people I drive an Altima
they don't think i drive a Kia
aloha
dennis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts