The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone and anyone that has any type of box in their trunk.....how's the vibration? Is it noisy enough to where you HAVE to proof it? Like, do people stare at you when you drive by cuz all thye hear from the back is the trunk rattling or can I throw a box in and not worry too much about the vibration?

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
It can get awful outside the car, but unless you are trying to drown out the Bose, or have a much louder aftermarket system, or want it to be heard outside the car and down the block I don't find normal listening levels cause that much vibration. I have one 12 sealed at 700 Watts RMS.

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
2 12" SQL subs + 2000w RMS + Alty lid = LOTS of noises. people actually have asked me if i ever blew the trunk lid off. sounds like a jackhammer on metal.

·
Peel out backwards
233 Posts
My trunk lid rattles pretty bad with my 2 12" infinity subs. On a few ocassions the lid has actually popped open (it was at night and I could tel because the trunk light was on) and the security switch has vibrated down so that when I go to pop the trunk using our conviently located leveron the driver side it stays shut. The little black flap thing above the sunroof also rattles when my subs hit haha but at least I get a good massage when I need one

·
Registered
692 Posts
i have almost no trunk rattle. as a matter of fact, u can hear almost no bass from behind my car. the face of the trunk (part the license plate is attached too) flexes a little, but not much.

before i had this work done, my trunk rattled insanely too (i only have one 12)

the key is to dAMPEN THE SHIT OUT OF THE REAR DECK. put stuff everwhere, under the rear deck in the trunk, in the rear decklid in the cabin, EVERYWHERE. that i have a few layers of peel and seel on my trunk lid. i had my rear deck/deck lid professionally done, im not exactly sure what they did but i do know they used some peel and seal and some dynamat, maybe some carpet or somthin too i dunno, but i get like 90% less rattle. it also killed most of my bass too, but thats why im having it ported through my armrest soon (having the whole piece cut out and a custom grille built for it so the armrest doesnt just fall back into trunk).

basically, all the holes in your rear deck allow air to get in and flex the shitty piece of paper that is your deck lid. keep air from escaping through those holes and through other cracks, and u are golden. of course, thats where you get most of your bass is through those holes, which is why if you succesfully do it you will need some portage :)

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
if i had a video camera, i could get some vids of my trunk flexing, my rear deck flexing, even my front windshield flexing.

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
yeah, my trunk rattled like a mofo on all my setups. however, when I sealed the trunk off on my XXX setup it seemed to help a lot!
my next setup I am going to go ahead and dampen the trunk, rear deck, and trunk lid itself.
btw, I am going to go with 8 RE8's sealed off facing the cabin. ;)

·
Banned
413 Posts
I'm runnin 1 10" Xtant sub in custom ported box running at about 400W. The trunk rattles like all hell, I have a 1st Gen with the stock spioler. Rattles inside arent bad at all rear deck rattles a little on very low bass hits and the review mirror rattles preety bad but I put some sound deadener in the where it attaches to the headliner and it helped alot.

·
I'm the drunk member
1,196 Posts
I moved trunk latch down and it sounds so much nicer now.
But inside I have something rattling in front dash from 100RMS
LOL ;D
I'm going to try foam under rear deck this weekend and some silicone in the trunk, the only thing I worry about is rust because I tryed a small spot and a week later it's still wet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts