The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys ever heard of an altima with a 170kmh limiter? Cause my friend has one and he can't go over 170kmh, what's up with that? I thought most Altima didn't have a limiter, and those who did were set at 120 or so mph
 

·
Parts you need I got!
Joined
·
258 Posts
95_XE said:
Have you guys ever heard of an altima with a 170kmh limiter? Cause my friend has one and he can't go over 170kmh, what's up with that? I thought most Altima didn't have a limiter, and those who did were set at 120 or so mph

Thats right..imported Bluebird KA and SR20's have a 180kmh speed limiter.. I use not be able to run over 180kmh..Its gradually slows your down from 170 until you hit the limit...then your engine just shuts off and when you drop less that 170 ur engine kicks in again
 

·
Old School
Joined
·
131 Posts
Re: Re: Altima can't go over 170kmh

Bench213 said:



Thats right..imported Bluebird KA and SR20's have a 180kmh speed limiter.. I use not be able to run over 180kmh..Its gradually slows your down from 170 until you hit the limit...then your engine just shuts off and when you drop less that 170 ur engine kicks in again
Is that a Candadian feature or something???? :confused:

I've pushed mine past the 120 MPH on the gauge several times over the years with no problems or cutoff.
 
G

·
Canadian FEATURE
CANADIAN FEATURE!!!!
WTF U SON OF A ****ING HOE
hes ****ing Australian
why u be cuttin up on canadians man
canadian feature..
COME ON man!!
jesus christ...
 

·
Old School
Joined
·
131 Posts
AAzn_ScratcH said:
Canadian FEATURE
CANADIAN FEATURE!!!!
WTF U SON OF A ****ING HOE
hes ****ing Australian
why u be cuttin up on canadians man
canadian feature..
COME ON man!!
jesus christ...
Go take a pill you d!ckhead!!!!! I'm not knockin' Canada you STUPID SOB!!!!

The post from 95_XE shows his location as Quebec (as in Canada??????? Dumbass). Get your facts straight before you try to flame on somebody you childish moron!! :flipbird:

I have no idea where Bench213 got his car, that's why I asked. As far as I know, it could be a New Jersey model! WTF????? Go get some!
 

·
:-)
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
yes u are "knocking Canada"! Why would we have a limiter. Blue Birds r from Japan and Australia, u get ur facts straight first. Especially if HIS goes past 170km/h.
 

·
Young and Stupid
Joined
·
348 Posts
Hey guys....let's stay at the question at hand....no need to be getting anal or anything.
Some come with limiters and some don't. If your's does...than I'm sorry...if not....more power to ya...
Let's not try to get all bent out of shape here.
We are here to help eachother out...not jump down eachothers throats.
 

·
Golden Member
Joined
·
822 Posts
yo Bench u sure about that bro !?

i'm sure i pushed 200 in my bluey !


cheers

btw, its stock as, bought new so no previous owner mods !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Re: Re: Altima can't go over 170kmh

Bench213 said:



Thats right..imported Bluebird KA and SR20's have a 180kmh speed limiter.. I use not be able to run over 180kmh..Its gradually slows your down from 170 until you hit the limit...then your engine just shuts off and when you drop less that 170 ur engine kicks in again
I've pushed my altima to about 135 mph w/ no cutoff or anything like that.
 

·
mmmm...perforated leather
Joined
·
821 Posts
Re: Re: Altima can't go over 170kmh

Bench213 said:



Thats right..imported Bluebird KA and SR20's have a 180kmh speed limiter.. I use not be able to run over 180kmh..Its gradually slows your down from 170 until you hit the limit...then your engine just shuts off and when you drop less that 170 ur engine kicks in again

your engine shuts off?! while doing 170?!...um, I seriously doubt that...can you imagine doing that fast and then your engine shutting down and then restarting at a somewhat slower speed...I shudder to think of the internals and what they'd go through! :eek: :eek: :eek:

the limiter simply kicks in and uses methods (varies with manufacturer) to either reduce the fuel flow/pressure, retard the timing, or govern the air intake volume, thereby reducing RPM and vehicle speed.
 

·
Golden Member
Joined
·
822 Posts
ALTIMADAN said:
how fast is 170kmh? :confused: somebody translate that to mph.
1 mph = 1.62 kph


170kph = 105mph
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
6,859 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Altima can't go over 170kmh

grkprd5 said:



your engine shuts off?! while doing 170?!...um, I seriously doubt that...can you imagine doing that fast and then your engine shutting down and then restarting at a somewhat slower speed...I shudder to think of the internals and what they'd go through! :eek: :eek: :eek:

the limiter simply kicks in and uses methods (varies with manufacturer) to either reduce the fuel flow/pressure, retard the timing, or govern the air intake volume, thereby reducing RPM and vehicle speed.
170KPH doesn't sound that fast anymore.
 

·
Parts you need I got!
Joined
·
258 Posts
wankski said:
yo Bench u sure about that bro !?

i'm sure i pushed 200 in my bluey !


cheers

btw, its stock as, bought new so no previous owner mods !

Just kidding!!!!!!!! I have pushed my car 240KMH at Oran Park....
on my Low 12 quarter mile.... The only thing is Japanses model cars evn GTR only have 180KMP speedo...
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top