The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2010 Altima Sedan 3.5 SR but I used to own a 2010 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR. The old coupe I sold has been totaled and they offered to sell it back to me at scrap value. I know the car was well taken care of by both me and them. I'm interested using the coupe as a parts car for my new sedan. Will most parts from a coupe fit a sedan also?

Here are the parts to swap I have in mind right now:

Wheels
Radio head unit
Seats
Exhaust system
Engine

There's really no point in my buying the car back if I can't swap parts out so I just don't want to make a dumb decision. Thank you all for any help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My help is limited but here's two cents worth.

Engine, yes. It should go to 2007 through 2010.

Wheels should be OK, but I am not a wheel expert. I put 17" on a car that came with 16" and never had issues.

Seats, measure the bolt pattern and the electrics gotta match up unless they are manual. That said, I put in seats from different model in various cars in have I owned. Mainly because nice black leather seats for a rare car was 3x as much as a nice leather seat from a more common car and the only difference was the bolt pattern. They required drilling holes and putting a channel iron under the floor panel to prevent it from pulling loose in an accident.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My help is limited but here's two cents worth.

Engine, yes. It should go to 2007 through 2010.

Wheels should be OK, but I am not a wheel expert. I put 17" on a car that came with 16" and never had issues.

Seats, measure the bolt pattern and the electrics gotta match up unless they are manual. That said, I put in seats from different model in various cars in have I owned. Mainly because nice black leather seats for a rare car was 3x as much as a nice leather seat from a more common car and the only difference was the bolt pattern. They required drilling holes and putting a channel iron under the floor panel to prevent it from pulling loose in an accident.
There’s a huge difference between the back seat of a sedan to a coupe Altima

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
You could buy the coupe back and sell the parts on eBay for a profit.
What a great piece of information you provided to an original thread starter who posted this question on MARCH 25, 2018.

Do you think his insurance company is still offering "to sell it back to me at scrap value" three and one half years later?

In the words of Joe Biden, "Come on, man."

·
Registered
7 Posts
What a great piece of information you provided to an original thread starter who posted this question on MARCH 25, 2018.

Do you think his insurance company is still offering "to sell it back to me at scrap value" three and one half years later?

In the words of Joe Biden, "Come on, man."
The purpose of Q&A is more than answering OP. It is also to provide answers with people who have similar questions. For examples check out StackOverflow and AskUbuntu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts