The Nissan Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
*Honorary Member* the dream!!!
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on another thread but what do the altimas dyno in at, I havn't heard the hp rating for the altima at the wheel and can't do it myself so can some1 tell me?

·
Registered
15 Posts
supposedly the closest figure is to take away 18% for the driveline.Not sure if thats man or auto though.

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the 3.5 only get 196 to the wheel?

·
Registered
15 Posts
02alty driver said:
so the 3.5 only get 196 to the wheel?
thats probably pretty close.Possibly a little less as driveline absorption and dyno procedures vary .I own a dodge challenger 440 that makes 485 horsepower and suffer terrible loss through the drivetrain putting only 375 horse to the ground.well more than 20% absorption.

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shyt, that really sucks although it's still more power then all the other cars in it's class, I'd think they'd learn how to get more to the wheel, you lose more then 100 horses in the drive train? dayam!!!

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
cmeflyin said:
thats probably pretty close.Possibly a little less as driveline absorption and dyno procedures vary .I own a dodge challenger 440 that makes 485 horsepower and suffer terrible loss through the drivetrain putting only 375 horse to the ground.well more than 20% absorption.
Rear wheel drive is worse for drivetrain losses as well. The current Mustang Cobra loses 30%, for example.

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's still mad power loss at the wheel although with that much power, it really doesn't matter but still massive power loss at the drive train

·
Registered
15 Posts
supposedly mostly due to my trans.whisch is one of if not the worst power robing trans out there(chrysler 727)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Afty said:

Rear wheel drive is worse for drivetrain losses as well. The current Mustang Cobra loses 30%, for example.
The Mustang Cobra loses around 15-18%, same as the mustang GT... Mustang GTs (5-sp) rated at 260hp typcially turn around 225-230rwhp. There were "some" Cobras not putting out the appropraite HP, but that was do other engine factors, not driveline loss. A C5 Corvette also ususlly has around a 15-18% drivetrain loss to.

The first dyno done on a 02 Maxima automatic by a maxima.org member put down 188.9 hp to the wheels. But the dyno was mistakenly done in 2nd gear, I think 3rd would have yeilded better numbers. The shop they when to didn't think so.

·
Future Z Driver
215 Posts
c5hardtop said:
The Mustang Cobra loses around 15-18%, same as the mustang GT... Mustang GTs (5-sp) rated at 260hp typcially turn around 225-230rwhp. There were "some" Cobras not putting out the appropraite HP, but that was do other engine factors, not driveline loss.
You probably know more about this than I do, but Motor Trend dynoed the Mustang Cobra and the Camaro SS in their issue this month and got a 25% driveline loss for the Mustang. It dynoed at 240 hp and is rated at 320 hp. The Camaro dynoed much higher despite its 325 hp rating, but I think you know the reason for that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Afty said:

You probably know more about this than I do, but Motor Trend dynoed the Mustang Cobra and the Camaro SS in their issue this month and got a 25% driveline loss for the Mustang. It dynoed at 240 hp and is rated at 320 hp. The Camaro dynoed much higher despite its 325 hp rating, but I think you know the reason for that.
I know about that article...there is alot of discussion about that on some forums. Most think it was just b/c of that one dyno (which I believe was a Mustang (brand not related to ford) Dyno). There numbers were they lowest I've ever seen for each car. Their are Many standard LS1 Camaros and Firebirds putting down over 300rwhp on other dynos, not even the the SS and Trans am, just the standard 305hp rated ones. I think it was just and issue with that one dyno, but Mustang dynos are known for being low. Same story with the Cobra... its very low for that car. As you hinted to, The LS1 Fbods should really be rated at around 340-345hp flywheel... C5 Corvettes only slighty underrated mayble 350-355hp... very small difference.

·
Registered
60 Posts
wtf...so the 4banger only get like what...155hp on the wheel?????
damn that sucks..

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
4 banger alty only gets like 140 at the wheel

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: to cmeflyin....

Pervis Ellison said:
This has nothing to do with Altimas, but your 440 sounds like a truly bitchin' car. Props to you for keeping a great part of history!
Thanks man..it's not easy tho when you have to explain why it wont pass [email protected]$$holes even suspended my pl8s cuz of it!!! I got a way out though..antique plates!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
wrong.. 02latydirver..
maybe 140 on other 2.5s but i got some custom made exhaust and intake.. so hopefully that's gonno make atleast 15 more horses

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hee1 said:
wrong.. 02latydirver..
maybe 140 on other 2.5s but i got some custom made exhaust and intake.. so hopefully that's gonno make atleast 15 more horses
I'm talking about off the lot, not with mods

1 - 19 of 19 Posts