The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Ive just joined the web page and I'm curious on how strong is the atimas engine. Im talking about the engine in a 1995 altima GXE. Also whats a good web page for performance parts for altimas.

chaz

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
what do you mean by how strong? How much power it has? how much boost can it run? Or what kind of shot of NOS can it take? Be more specific

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, what i mean is how much horsepower can it hold? Can it withstand a small turbo without any internal modifications? Also i f anyone nows how much horsepower has someone got out of an altima engine of this year?

chaz

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
There are a couple of altima running a T3/T4 hybrid turbo, I dunno exactly how many PSI, but people say it can take 12psi. I don't know about hp, but there are people running 14's all motor. Shawn passes the 1/4 in 14.68 seconds. As for NOS, the safe limit is 75 shot without any internal mods.

·
hard on equipment
862 Posts
I don't know what the most horsepower made out of our engine is (the engine code is KA24DE for all Altimas, for future reference), and I'm not sure anyone knows since most of us who mod Altimas don't have unlimited funds and no one's really done a "race" project Alty. I'd imagine, going by what I've seen on a 240SX (US-spec 240's have the same engine as the Altima) they could handle around 250 plus some on stock internals. That's probably around 9-12 lbs of boost.
There are several bolt-on mods for Altimas, including pulleys, intakes, exhausts, and a turbo kit made by F-max (not entirely bolt-on, but close). If you get serious about turbo, with some upgraded internals (pistons, connecting rods, etc) you could probably run around 20 lbs of boost and make well over 300hp. The biggest issue is going to be the Altima's "weakest link", its transmission.

·
Import Tech.
1,903 Posts
There is that 240SX with a KA24DE that runs 10's .. So it is definitly just as tough as most of the engines out there ...Just not used as much ....

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
SHAWN said:
There is that 240SX with a KA24DE that runs 10's .. So it is definitly just as tough as most of the engines out there ...Just not used as much ....
got any more info on this car? i would like to see that...would be interesting to see what they did

·
*Bluebird Atessa Ltd*
179 Posts
HondaKillah said:
If SHAWN is talking about the guy in HOUSTON running a KA powered 240sx....then you can find him on www.texasracingscene.com in the HOUSTON forum.username is DUYSTURBO.

And YES...dude is running tens with a KA24DE....;)
Of course he can run 10s..hes spent heaps of $$$$$$ turbocharging and rebuilting his car...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts