The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing all this talk on how the 15hp advantage is exxaggerated or even falsified. How could this be when the Infinity I35 runs to sixty in 7.0 and the 3.5SE auto goes sixty in 7.3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 94(best altima)and a 2000 max
all i was trying to say is that contrary to popular altimas.net net opinion even thought they have the exact same engine the maxima is faster

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 6 Speed max wont' be out until December 5th but look at this
99' Maxima 0-60
5spd-6.6
Auto-7.7

00' Maxima 0-60
5spd-6.7
Auto-7.8

02' Altima 0-60
5spd-6.3
Auto-7.3

02 I35(Same as Maxiama)
Auto-7.0
6spd Maxima(Dec 5)

Do you see the trend? Ergo the maxima should be a (although by a small margin i.e 0.2-0.3 sec) faster than altima

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Umm...How can two cars with the EXACT same engines similarweights and a 15 horsepower difference yeild a difference to the car with less horsepower:p The S2000 is a totally different car with a different engne, the only diference the Maxima has with the altima is having more horse power with the EXACT same engine. If this still is not clear to you or anyone else who thinks the altima is faster just think of tha Acura 3.2 TL and the Acura 3.2 TL Type S; same car same tranny EXACT SAME ENGINE the only difference the Type S is tuned to produce more horsepower and therefore faster.End of Disscussion

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 6spd Maxima is already out

The 6 speed manual Maxima SE is already out, it has been out since earlier this month. The VLSD or LSD or whatever it's called is what want be out until December. Go test one, they are nice.

·
*Honorary Member* the dream!!!
84 Posts
3.2tl and the type s models have the same engine but parts are different therefore you get more horses at the crank and I don't know if the maxima and altima have different parts in the engione, looking at the torque, it should be the same but I have no clue where the 15 extra horses come from, I have studied the engine with some of my friends and are still trying to figure out minor differences.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts