The Nissan Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all..I know that this question is a little bit early in the life of the new model, but....

I am a sales guy that puts about 1000 miles a week on a car, and it is time to get a new one. I had a 93 Alty 5 speed that ran like a top the whole time.

So I am wondering, those of you who have the new model, specifically the 3.5, do you expect this model to live up to these high expectations?

Thanks for your input!!!

L~

·
Registered
79 Posts
well, here's sort of a long term report ...

14200 miles in 4 months ... all in all, it's running well. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, let's consider the engine only, generally the most expensive part in the car.
Think about this, Nissan uses this engine in Altimas, Pathfinders, Maximas, I35, G35, and will use it in the 350Z and the Murano.
If the engine turns out not to be very reliable, Nissan will be in deep trouble. I am sure that Nissan folks are aware of that, and because it is used in so many vehicles, I'm sure a lot of R&D, QA and things like that made sure that it would be a good engine.
I think it's a safe bet .
Moreover, no serious recalls so far. With the number of VQ35s out in the world by now, if a major defect existed it would surface. And if it did not by now, it's unlikely something serious will happen for a long time.
All in all, look at it this way, you get a car with an engine that can be found in vehicles selling for much more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
tytalian!

Yes, If I bought a $60k vehicle I would expect for it to last me 20 years, if I wanted to keep it that long. I have a 1983 Honda Accord that I bought used and it has lasted and has run well for the 14 years I have owned it, so to me it was very much worth the price.

That being the case I expect my 3.5 to last me at least 15 years otherwise I would not have bought it.

Buzz

·
Registered
45 Posts
miles...

I am leaving for home today, after spending 2 weeks in California. My car is so smooth on road trips. I will have out 2,000 miles on after driving home.

Total of 8,600...not bad for 5 months.

On friday I took the car out in 80 degree weather for a drive around a local reservoir. high speeds, tight turns...It was a blast!! I highly recommend high-performance wheels and tires. you need em' now!!! :D

·
1,357 Posts
Re: What?

Nickjx said:
14200? How do you put those kind of miles on a car in 4 months? do you live in it? LOL
I will be putting a hell of a lot of miles on my car because of the lack of any public transportation. When I lived in NYC I didn't need or want a car but out here if you don't have a car you ain't going no where.

·
Be Prepared, son.
176 Posts
VQrific

BTW. The VQ engine has been one of the best automotive engines made for the last 8 to 10 years as posted by (I think) Wards. I believe the VQ Engine in my car will out last the computer(s) I currently have in it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
For the amount of miles you drive I'de probably go for a 2.5, in though the fuel mileage isn't outstanding. (especially the way I drive, hehe.) If I drove as much as you I'de get a honda insight or something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.