The Nissan Club banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
anybody get reimbursed yet? I haven't
According to the settlement agreement, reimbursements were supposed to have all been satisfied as of tomorrow June 25. Maybe the date was extended. Contact the plaintiffs attorneys for an update. That's all you can do for now.

I'm still waiting for my replacement assemblies to arrive at my stearlership. It might be a long wait as it's been over two months now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I’m a little late to the party but I just finally called my Nissan dealer and asked about the headlamp replacement. I had registered and had a claim number. They didn’t ask me to bring the car in to examine it. They just asked if I had trouble seeing at night and I said yes. They said they would order the headlights but that they are taking months to come in. Now I’m wondering if he really is ordering them since they didn’t physically see my car. I also sent an email to Nissan to see if they would be covered if put on after September 23. They sent me back this FAQ:

1. I filed a timely Out-of-Warranty claim form and received approval, now what do I do? Make an appointment with your dealer to have your headlamps inspected to determine if one or both have a delamination condition. You have until September 23, 2022 to have this diagnostic test completed. Due to continuing supply chain disruptions, if the dealer determines that you are eligible for replacement headlamps, you may need to return when replacement headlamps are available at a later date.

Should I trust that I am OK? I’m not after reading all of this other posts lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. After Googling for further information on this topic, I found this forum discussing just what I was wondering about. I completed all the Nissan Headlights Claim reimbursement paperwork form appropriately using the website from the law office of Suarez v. Nissan North America, Inc. I have not received any reimbursement checks or paperwork. I have emailed their law office and have not heard back. Anyone else in the same boat? Today is August 29th and their website claims that checks will be mailed in June of 2022 and denial paperwork in July of 2022. I'm not sure where to go from here?

·
Registered
442 Posts
You're going to wait.....and wait.....and wait like many of us have. I've been waiting for 4.5 months for my replacement assemblies to arrive at my stealership. Called my stealership last Friday. Service rep said nope and still could not provide a timeframe for them to arrive. So f*** it, next week I'm installing the Dorman assemblies I bought from RockAuto 4.5 months ago and continue waiting for the OEM assemblies to arrive if they ever do. I've had it with driving in the dark - literally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I filed the NISSAN ONE-TIME OUT-OF-WARRANTY REPLACEMENT form and got a claim ID, then I made an appointment yesterday with local NISSAN and left a message that I need replacement per lawsuit. Today I received a phone call from NISSAN CUSTOMER SERVICE and told the claim has nothing to with NISSAN North America, I can do the replacement but will be fully charged unless I have a recall letter from NISSAN North America…
Does anyone knows how to follow up with this? There ois only 3 weeks away…

·
Registered
442 Posts
I filed the NISSAN ONE-TIME OUT-OF-WARRANTY REPLACEMENT form and got a claim ID, then I made an appointment yesterday with local NISSAN and left a message that I need replacement per lawsuit. Today I received a phone call from NISSAN CUSTOMER SERVICE and told the claim has nothing to with NISSAN North America, I can do the replacement but will be fully charged unless I have a recall letter from NISSAN North America…
Does anyone knows how to follow up with this? There ois only 3 weeks away…
If you filed on time your car's VIN will be on a list that the settlement administrator provided to Nissan.
Here's a link to check your VIN.

Here is what you will see if your VIN was on that list. Show this to the stealership. They need to check your VIN for recalls and their system will show your car was 'recalled'
for this but it's not really a recall, it's a service campaign.
Font Darkness Circle Brand Logo

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you filed on time your car's VIN will be on a list that the settlement administrator provided to Nissan.
Here's a link to check your VIN.

Here is what you will see if your VIN was on that list. Show this to the stealership. They need to check your VIN for recalls and their system will show your car was 'recalled'
for this but it's not really a recall, it's a service campaign.
View attachment 103767
Thanks for your detailed reply, I made an appointment and went to the dealer directly. The agent there gave me an inspection, after that my car failed the test and will get a free headlamp in 1-2 month…
I'm lucky to not listen to the "Customer Center" and find this website with value informations, instructions here! will keep posted.

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you get your new assemblies in 1 to 2 months it will be a freaking miracle. In 10 days, it will have been 5 months I've waited thus far. By now, my assemblies are probably stuck in a shipping container somewhere among thousands of other containers stacked high at the LA port storage yard waiting to leave. I might not get them until next year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am still waiting to this day foe my reimbursement money. I have emails from the lawyers stating that they have my paperwork for work orders and I am still with nothing and I spent my savings on it that I have tbeen able to get back to where it was. They are not helping at all and it's frustrating because idk who to get ahold of to get me my money. I was told end of September latest earlier October its now November this is so unprofessional and has had negative affects in my life

·
Registered
2 Posts
in the same boat, filed my claim online months ago, got a claim number and took it to the dealership and got a lame excuse why they would not do it. Now of course it's too late to pursue it any further. I went ahead and just purchased third part assemblies to have installed. The dealer said they don't even have these anymore. The car is literally dangerous to drive at night and I can't take it anymore. Ef you Nissan cheap bastards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I filed immediately in March by the deadline and it is November 15 and I still have not received a call that the parts have come in. I've called the North American Nissan customer care and they took copious notes but basically said I have to just wait. I called the dealer today who was super nice but until they get the parts they can't do anything. The parts department is supposed to send an email to people who have registered for the replacements. He did tell me they have extended the warranty on the parts by three more years, so effective the date of the recall notice, it is now 6 years warranty. But - like everyone says here, daylight savings time has now ended and it's DARK at night and this is a BIG safety hazard. I don't know why Nissan doesn't get that. I've had suggestions to try LEDS but I did that and they didn't work either. If anyone knows anything else to try that won't damage the assembly please let me know!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've been waiting since April 12 for mine Bear22. I doubt we'll ever get the free replacements we've been promised. My stealership couldn't care less. They've been no help at all in expediting them for me. Nissan is going to go down the tubes for this - so to speak.

To that end, On September 4 I installed the Dorman aftermarket assemblies I wisely purchased in April. So glad (and fortunate) I bought them then. The difference is virtually night and day. I can see the road at night again; hell, even better than the OEM headlights when my 2014 2.5S was brand new. I kick myself for waiting so long to do it. Better late than never though.

Do likewise, Bear22. Buy the Dormans (1592502 and 1592503) if you have a 2013 to 2015. You will pay more than I did but I guarantee you will be very pleased with them. They are easy to install. Getting the beam height correct is also easy. There are many YouTube videos that show how to install them and how to adjust the beam height.

If your Altima is 2016 or newer, Dorman doesn't make them so I don't know which aftermarket assemblies you could/should buy. They are more expensive than the 2013-2015; however, any replacements HAVE TO BE better than these awfully dim OEM assemblies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been waiting since April 12 for mine Bear22. I doubt we'll ever get the free replacements we've been promised. My stealership couldn't care less. They've been no help at all in expediting them for me. Nissan is going to go down the tubes for this - so to speak.

To that end, On September 4 I installed the Dorman aftermarket assemblies I wisely purchased in April. So glad (and fortunate) I bought them then. The difference is virtually night and day. I can see the road at night again; hell, even better than the OEM headlights when my 2014 2.5S was brand new. I kick myself for waiting so long to do it. Better late than never though.

Do likewise, Bear22. Buy the Dormans (1592502 and 1592503) if you have a 2013 to 2015. You will pay more than I did but I guarantee you will be very pleased with them. They are easy to install. Getting the beam height correct is also easy. There are many YouTube videos that show how to install them and how to adjust the beam height.

If your Altima is 2016 or newer, Dorman doesn't make them so I don't know which aftermarket assemblies you could/should buy. They are more expensive than the 2013-2015; however, any replacements HAVE TO BE better than these awfully dim OEM assemblies.
Hi
Did the dorman assembly come with bulbs. Are they brighter? Or should I buy bulbs separately? Thanks

21 - 38 of 38 Posts