The Nissan Club banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
You can get the Dorman replacements from Amazon for $150 shipped for the pair right now for the 2013-2015 sedan. They are excellent. Installing them was not difficult. I could not continue living with the dim headlights and am so glad that I replaced them in the summer with the Dorman. Do likewise ChristianS. Did you move to or do you work in Canada????
My father in law ordered them for christmas without asking me because he's a prick that wants to make fun of me. At least, I'm sure that's what the giant box is with my name on it. WIll report in to confirm, but... Wtf nissan? Like, this is the most epic piece-ofsh!t move since that guy stole my date one night when Mars was v close to earth in 2004. F*ck you Nissan, F*ck you so hard.

· Registered
1 Posts
Took my Altima to the dealer on May 23 and they ordered the headlights. Checked back a time or two to make sure I didn't need to do anything else and hadn't been forgotten. Got them installed today (12/28) at no charge. In and out in less than an hour. They also replaced one headlight that had been replaced in 2018 when someone backed into it.

· Registered
20 Posts
Took my Altima to the dealer on May 23 and they ordered the headlights. Checked back a time or two to make sure I didn't need to do anything else and hadn't been forgotten. Got them installed today (12/28) at no charge. In and out in less than an hour. They also replaced one headlight that had been replaced in 2018 when someone backed into it.
That is very fast work but I presume they have done so many they have learned quickly.

My son and i did ours and it took a couple of hours, fairly straightforward work but 60 minutes in and out is impressive.

No settlement offer in Canada so I had to buy them but the new ones are a world of difference.

· Registered
456 Posts
No settlement offer in Canada so I had to buy them but the new ones are a world of difference.
Which headlight assemblies did you buy and what did they cost? I like the Dormans I purchased back in April and installed in September.

Still would like Nissan to install the ones I was slated to get but am still waiting for. I need to contact the stealership again.

· Registered
20 Posts
Which headlight assemblies did you buy and what did they cost? I like the Dormans I purchased back in April and installed in September.

Still would like Nissan to install the ones I was slated to get but am still waiting for. I need to contact the stealership again.
Mine were Dorman and only $185 Cdn for the pair including bulbs.

· Registered
456 Posts
Mine were Dorman and only $185 Cdn for the pair including bulbs.
That is about what I paid for them converting to US$. I needed to adjust the aim quite a bit when I installed them. They are bright enough that I occasionally have others flashing their brights at me. That used to happen a lot with the HIDs in my 2005 Prius. Those headlights were superior to the Altima but the automatic headlight leveling sensor was a problem with it in Northern states. No rust protection.

· Registered
4 Posts
You can get the Dorman replacements from Amazon for $150 shipped for the pair right now for the 2013-2015 sedan. They are excellent. Installing them was not difficult. I could not continue living with the dim headlights and am so glad that I replaced them in the summer with the Dorman. Do likewise ChristianS. Did you move to or do you work in Canada????
No I did not move or work in Canada. I just fly on my magic carpet to Ontario if I want to use the internet because I don't trust the collaboraters)
I called the original dealership I had my shit inspected at, they gave me the same fucking story as day one. They don't have a clue what's going on, other than they hate Corporate Nissan also. I'm going to call some more "responsive" dealerships (non-cocksuckers that don't take the phone off the hook if they see you call after 4:59pm even though they are open until 6pm) I'm so sick of corporations

· Registered
4 Posts
Also did you have to take your bumper off? Mods forgive double post pls

· Registered
456 Posts
Yes I removed the bumper cover. All the fasteners on the headlight assemblies are easier to get to with the cover out of the way. Not all that many of them to remove from the cover as well.

One tip if you're thinking of doing this is to not loosen all three bolts at the far ends of the bumper cover on the driver's and passenger sides. Only the innermost of the three bolts needs to be removed. Makes it much easier to reassemble. I wrote a post about this and included a photo here: Success at getting replacement headlight assemblies through the settlement or not? | Page 4 | The Nissan Club

· Registered
1 Posts
It is not subjective by the dealer. The dealer took my car into shop for 90 minutes of testing and collecting data to submit to Nissan if headlights fail. Mine Fails. I am waiting for parts to come, but no one will tell me when.
has anyone been able to get parts? my dealerships has yet to tell me and I actually forgot about it since I stopped driving at night because of this

41 - 50 of 50 Posts