The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you noticed that the leather in the Altima is not quite up to par with the new Accord or the volkwagens??? I love my car but damn....I don't like sliding in my seat when I clean the leather.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18 Posts
dont use greasy cleaners or Armor-All....

use something like Lexol, Zymol, Mothers, Meguiar's Gold Class...I could go on for days

Use a good cleaner and follow up with a conditioner.....and do this like every week or every other week
 

·
Shift_lefty
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Also, only apply leather conditioners when it's above 50 degrees. Leather loses it's ablitity to absorb the conditioners when it gets colder out.
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,286 Posts
Altima leather is among the worst in the business..Use vasoline...no more slide:p
 

·
Hazardously WASTED
Joined
·
3,969 Posts
i dont seem to be having a proble. in fact im extreamly happy with my interior, leater looks much better then cloth, adn not cracking of any signs of wear, clean and condition with zymol. look and smell great
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,286 Posts
GTW00 said:
i dont seem to be having a proble. in fact im extreamly happy with my interior, leater looks much better then cloth, adn not cracking of any signs of wear, clean and condition with zymol. look and smell great
How can you smell the leather over all of those beer farts:D ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trust me folks.......there's a difference. The Accord looks and feels more plush.......same thing for the Volkswagen and Audis
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,286 Posts
Honda and VW use Bunny Rabbit Pussy...Nissan uses 60 year old Camel scrotum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
That was pretty fuc*** funny Willy!
 

·
Shift_lefty
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
wild willy said:
Honda and VW use Bunny Rabbit Pussy...Nissan uses 60 year old Camel scrotum
Willy's had some quotes in his day, this could be the best yet!!!
 

·
Ar Dont Do That
Joined
·
297 Posts
I actually enjoy the factory leather inside the 3.5 altima

But the 3600 price tag on it is def not worth it, so i got charcoal fabric and the dealer was smart and decided to buy after market leather in bulk and install it for free for only 1800 bucks, u dont get the HID lights and the BOSE system but i think its worth it, my brother is puting in my new system anyway and also puting in HID lights for me, only gonna cost 1300 for everything so check out my new leather at

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86682&pagenumber=1
 

·
Wanna be Post Whore
Joined
·
261 Posts
When I first got my alti I loved the leather because none of my other cars had it but when my step father bought his BMW 740 iL it made my leather look like vinyl.
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,286 Posts
1800 bucks.....let me let you in on a secret.....the install is in that price....You can do it yourself for about 700 bucks
 

·
Ar Dont Do That
Joined
·
297 Posts
yea but if i slip up on the install im screwed so its just going safe that I get it installed there, i got my car for 25,000 even and it listed for 28.5k, that 25000 is with the leather btw, so i think i got a good deal

I ordered the car with charcoal fabric, cuz i knew i was gonna get aftermarket leather, i told the dealer NOT to put on the leather until i see the upholstery. By the time i got to the dealer they had already put it on so it wasent my choice, my dad was frusterated with going around to all the sale sharks and just decided to pull it off the lot, but he made them pull down the price since they put shit in it that we didnt want, =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
The Camel Scrotum line originally came from that know it all Jarod guy! Remember the one who's poses in front of his car with his cell phone. So Willy give him credit where it's due. Actually I kind of miss his humor and wit! I wonder if he finally had enough and sold the Alti.

The real reason why America wants to go to war in the middle east is, now that Nissan assembles here, they need to source good cheap Camel Scrotum
to make more seats.
 

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
Joined
·
3,035 Posts
premierdrumm3r said:
yea but if i slip up on the install im screwed so its just going safe that I get it installed there, i got my car for 25,000 even and it listed for 28.5k, that 25000 is with the leather btw, so i think i got a good deal

I ordered the car with charcoal fabric, cuz i knew i was gonna get aftermarket leather, i told the dealer NOT to put on the leather until i see the upholstery. By the time i got to the dealer they had already put it on so it wasent my choice, my dad was frusterated with going around to all the sale sharks and just decided to pull it off the lot, but he made them pull down the price since they put shit in it that we didnt want, =)
You got SKREWID! If they told you they got a deal, they really did have a deal for you... a bend over kinda deal.

I just ordered my aftermarket katzkin leather (same stuff supplied to dealers for aftermarket installs) for $520, plus $180 for 2 seat heaters. If I wanted, I could of had them install it for another 300, bringing the grand total to $1,045.

Hey, you did save the run around, and I am with you on the factory ripoff packaging. I would never buy bose just to get leather. Ain't worth it!
 

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
Joined
·
3,035 Posts
Dallas said:
The real reason why America wants to go to war in the middle east is, now that Nissan assembles here, they need to source good cheap Camel Scrotum
to make more seats.

:D HAHAHAHA, LMAO.... how did I miss that before my last post! :D
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top