The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know the condition of peoples' rides out there...what year and tranny and what problems if any you've experienced at whatever mileage sh#t happened, so we can know what to expect.

I'm in a '95 GXE 5sp with 79k...usually with the rag top down so my hair can blow...but no problems YET. But the paint looks like its seen about 179k.:angry4:

·
Shift_for yourself
182 Posts
1. I got my rear struts replaced at 54k (under warranty)
2. both 02 and knock sensor at 60k
3. alternator at almost 90k
4. distributor at 120+k(crank ankle sensor failed)
5. blown engine at 150k(all my oil blew out on a 300 mile trip)
So I got a 97 engine in now

6. 151k ....I'm looking for a new radiator right now

Sorry but my paint is in almost perfect condition.

Besides my engine crapping out, I consider these normal repairs.
and I didn't expect my rear struts to fail, especially when I still have factory struts on front and they feel good still.

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
i got a 93 GXE, my paint looks ok, it's not amazing, but ok. I'm starting to have some problems now, but nothing a few trips to the mechanic, or my driveway won't fix. It has 163,000 miles on it now. I'm getting ready to put on my Greddy & gonna get an intake fer it, too, but after the other minor work is done. laters

·
When In Doubt FSCK It !
50 Posts
I have a 94' GXE w/ automatic transmission. Knock on wood, but I have'nt had any problems as of yet. Paint is factory black. So it looks rough. Hope to have it repainted by end of sumer.

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
417 Posts
I have a 94 GXE automagic, with 92,600 miles. No major problems at all. I had my distributor fail at 80k and new struts at 90k. Paint is in great condition except for quite a few of scratches.

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
the tranny has 169K miles and is alittle shitty now(alot shitty)
replaced the engine at 150k cuz i was gonna do the nitrous and i got a kick ass deal on the engine. but when we opened up the old engine to see how things looked...the thing was in practucally perfect condition. basic maintenance goes a long way

·
your mom felt my length
841 Posts
170k and i haven't had alternator problems or anything. Right now though my car is in the shop cause it doesn't want to say on or anything. Oil is getting into the distributer somehow and shorting it out. So far taht's what they figure the problem is so far...working on stopping the oil getting in where it shouldn't.

this is my first problem since i've owned it, besides basic stuff and i needed to change my battery also.

95 GXE auto btw

G

·
99 alty at 60K mi.
rear struts crapped out at 55K. i looked into struts and stuff and found the kybs, which i then coupled with eibachs... thus began the modding of my car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
94 gxe with 148,000
replaced my starter 100K
rear transaxle mount 142K
cap & rotor 135K
And a shit load of other stuff I screwed up from driving hard

Now my Trans is making a hollow clicking noise-

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.