The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone has a pic of an alty on 20" and dropped(lowered)
or does anyone knows if it could be done????

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
yup my freind put 20s on his 2.5, no drop and he rubs in the rear cuz he got the wrong offset.. and 20s can fit perfect with a drop

·
not a new member
126 Posts
I think altimat had 20's that rubbed when the car was lowered. I don't think an offset is available to correct that. I could be wrong?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Please, Let me address the issue...

I'm 90% sure your can drop your alty with Prokit (NOT sportline) and put 20's with offset of +43, +44, or +45.... and you MAY need to roll your rear fenders...

Eventually I'll get the KMC Unit 20 x 8.5 with 235/35-20 tires
with this setup, I don't think I'll have any problem ;)

·
On Dubs, Nothing Less
292 Posts
I had 20" Niche Spitfires on Mine. However they were the wrong offset. I returned then and got another set of 20" Neeper Daggs. If I knew how to post pics, I would. Anyways, if you have any plans of 20"s, make sure you get the proper offset...about +45 with 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. As for lowering. BE CAREFUL! Dont go too far.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Re: Please, Let me address the issue...

ENFORCER said:
I'm 90% sure your can drop your alty with Prokit (NOT sportline) and put 20's with offset of +43, +44, or +45.... and you MAY need to roll your rear fenders...

Eventually I'll get the KMC Unit 20 x 8.5 with 235/35-20 tires
with this setup, I don't think I'll have any problem ;)
I was thinking about puttin 19x8.5 do you think it could fit????

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
yes 19 x 8.5 can fit.. CALIBOY has those

·
Registered
1 Posts
i got 20's on my car. But when i dropped it the rear was rubbing against the fender, so i had them rolled. then I put the rear stock springs back and now it doesn't rub, unless large peope are sitting in the back. I'm now thinking about taking my car to a body shop and re-doing my rear fenders.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Re: Re: Please, Let me address the issue...

Primer said:
I was thinking about puttin 19x8.5 do you think it could fit????
Man...! If you are already paying that much for 19's, you might as well get 20's instead. plus remember that usually rims and tires are more expensive for 19's ... since they are as popular as 20's... just an advice

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I already have 20's i just wanna know if i could lower it without any problem

by the ways thanks for posting

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
jonb247 said:
Enforcer are those alba rims in your pic?What size? they look hot
Yup! Thossse are Alba 707 Bertha. But that was before I lower my car... I had barrowed it from my friend for couple of weeks... as a matter of fact he is selling now for about $1,300.. all 4, but you might need some new tires

white2.5s, man! drop that baby, and make me jealous :D cause I don't have the money to get 20's :( at least not anytime soon.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Well i want my car to go fast if i have big ass 20" chrome wheels i'll probably be running like a 2.5sl. i want something decently big like the 19s yet very light which is one of the reason why i want to get the centerline RPMs. The 19s only weigh in at 15lbs!:eek:

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
Primer said:
Well i want my car to go fast if i have big ass 20" chrome wheels i'll probably be running like a 2.5sl. i want something decently big like the 19s yet very light which is one of the reason why i want to get the centerline RPMs. The 19s only weigh in at 15lbs!:eek:
Damn, you think that 20's will slow down you car that much...!!??!?! I don't think so....here's my comparison...!!

I have a '99 Mustang GT with 17's, CAI, MAC Exhaust, and PRO5.0 Short Shifter, my brother runs a stock '01 Mustang GT, with 20's and a Stage 3 Roush Body kit, last summer we raced I don't know how many times, and even if most often then not I would be in front, he would always be no more then a car length behind me...if not half a car length....

I don't see why a 245HP power car would see much of a difference with the weight of the wheel....!! I know the Stang register 260HP and 302 lbs/in tq, but again, I don't think you'll have that much a different anyway....and if you really plan on racing, don't get 20's cause I only see those rims for looks and not performance....!!

But this obviously is only my opinion, maybe some other person had a totally different results with 20's and yes, you are right, the comparison is not on an Alti, but on Stangs....!!

But don't forget that the Alti weights a lot less then the Stang and has a comparable HP rating....I haven't test drove a 3.5SE, but i'm pretty sure it hauls a$$ even with 20's on it...!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts