The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
From D Land of Tendulkar
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leasing my 2.5s and at the end of the car payments will end up paying 15000 and change and my lease is a open end lease with a option to buy for 7000 at the end of 5 years will the dealer be ready to negotiate with that 7000 buy back price. Just wondering. Please let me know I don't have any experience with this sitaution thanks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
No, that is the price you agreed on when you signed the Lease. Pay the $7K or walk away.

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
Generally car manufacturers will not negotiate buy out prices, but from time to time things happen. If the market value of your car is a lot less than 7000 in 5 years, you may be able to negotiate, but my guess is that will be a fair price at that time.

·
Frozen Member
1,326 Posts
Humanfly said:
I am leasing my 2.5s and at the end of the car payments will end up paying 15000 and change and my lease is a open end lease with a option to buy for 7000 at the end of 5 years will the dealer be ready to negotiate with that 7000 buy back price. Just wondering. Please let me know I don't have any experience with this sitaution thanks.
if it is possible to buy the car out before the lease is up, you can definitely negotiate the buyout price.

if you wait until the lease is up, you will have to pay what you signed for.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: Re: Altima pay off question

unleaded said:
if it is possible to buy the car out before the lease is up, you can definitely negotiate the buyout price.

if you wait until the lease is up, you will have to pay what you signed for.
YES,you can negotiate on the buy out AFTER the lease is up.Start the beginning of the last month.The lease company would rather take $6000 than to come get the car and auction it.My sister had a 2000 Malibu and the payoff was 9000 at lease end.The lease company-GMAC offered the car to her for 7500

·
Banned
18 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Altima pay off question

cardsfaninky said:
YES,you can negotiate on the buy out AFTER the lease is up.Start the beginning of the last month.The lease company would rather take $6000 than to come get the car and auction it.My sister had a 2000 Malibu and the payoff was 9000 at lease end.The lease company-GMAC offered the car to her for 7500
this is 1000% TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when the lease is nearing it's end, call up the leasing co and offer to buy it back for less...

they will tell you to give them a couple of days to check local auctions for current pricing to gauge themselves, then they will return a call to you with thier findings.

Normally they'll prob offer like $500 off the current offer, and you can work with them if they seem flexible. Just be like "Hey I like the car, it's just not worth $7000 to me. I'll give you $6000 or whatever"

see if they bite; can't hurt! If they don't want to talk then make it simple for them, tell them "Fine, if you don't want to talk price, thats fine. Feel free to come pick the car up from my house whenever you want."

They might just change their tune

1 - 8 of 8 Posts