The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
<----Just say NO to Drugs
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fukin tranny blew on me.

i hate this car. this is the worst car i have ever owned. back to domestic for me.

i have never had a tranny blow on me. this is pathetic. 3 am and the tranny blows. POS!!

·
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

my fiuking ford was better. shit. my ford took more abuse and had a blown water pump and an oil pan gasket leak and that was it. POS nissan shit. i will never buy an import ever again as a daily driver

·
DON'T!!! I'm watching you
2,795 Posts
I hear you. That's why I trust what they say... when it comes to vehicles it's just a matter of luck. My co-worker has a late 80's Chevrolet Lumina with almost 200K miles on it. Original engine, original tranny, original "almost everything"... just minor repairs. Then you might get a Japanese $30,000 vehicle that ends up in the shop several times in its 1st 6 months (WTF???!!!)

Good luck bro, I'm out to bed.

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
Sorry to hear it dude, but every American car I've owned has failed me, but not imports. My little Toyota Tercel, 4 speed manual, abused on the autobahns, gave me 180,000 miles.

I haven't changed anything but the alternator on this Altima. She's money.

·
Always something better
1,700 Posts
you ever change or flush the fluid in the trans, all depends how you treat something, my friends F150 engine blew up at 61,000 miles, what a complete waste of 3k oil changes

·
4,020 Posts
I never had any major problems with any of my 5 Nissan's I've owned besides rust and just general age related issues. I have nothing against Nissan however there are better cars, and even in the American car line up there are other cars with better reviews and reliability ratings. No car is perfect and some are known for bigger problems then others. Early Nissan auto transmissions suck, simple as that, they are very finicky and require a lot of TLC with regular fluid changes.
Now this is also coming from someone who no longer owns a Nissan too...so take it at face value.

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
I don't think my altima was necessarily unreliable, but it broke down more than my fords have. the blackie in my sig has over 160k, runs great and gets 24 mpg :D

·
14,455 Posts
Damn phinger, sorry to hear :( How much does a new tranny run with labor for the install? $1500? :(

My alty has 142k on her with original, "almost everything" and is running pretty good still. Though, i wouldn't be surprised if the tranny kicked the bucket within the next year (if i keep it that long).

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got a rebuilt tranny including install for $1,500. The only way you can get new is if you or the shop goes through the dealer and trust me; that won't be $1,500 anymore. :(

·
So is that like an RX-7?
318 Posts
damn sorry to hear that. if you wanted to get a new tranny why dont you just get a newer engine. same engine as yours just less miles?? 2400 i heard.

·
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1995 Camaro 102K miles on it. White Z28 Well loaded

Pass window motor or track needs to be replaced. No accidents, driven like a baby 3500.

Me thinks that is me new ownage car.

·
4,020 Posts
Wait to you cry over the insurance on that bitch. On a side note, my parent's bought me a 95 Z28 Convertible for my 16 birthday, it was great, but the paint started peeling like a bitch. Otherwise, I had no major problems with it. Not sure if I would buy another one, but they're not that bad of cars.

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
a z28 with 100k miles on it...prepare to have lots of problems and soon..I wonder why your transmission went out. maybe you drove it like shit and never took care of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
maybe your uncle can buy you a cavalier :dunno: since he can afford a maybach.

"my uncle had a 760il, he hated it. it was a POS to him, so he bought a maybach." - phinger23

·
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
driven like shit, no, just a lot

uncles a jew

tranny fluid changed.

on a side note, i am picking up the camaro at about 4:30!! YAYAY!!!! TIME FOR REAL POWER!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts