The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Non-Old Man Vette Owner
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was on the highway and this Altima, with a <98 body style was tailing me, and I really wasn't gonna waste my gas, but then the highway opens up and he floors it by me (i hear an intake and exhast) and he is just just staring at me. I couldn't restrain myself and I just had to smoke him. By the time I decided to race him, he had already was 2 cars ahead of me, and then I saw him shift (it was stick) and he was still gunning it. I then floored it and closed the gap really quick. I then proceeded to pass him like he was standing still. Let me tell you the look on his face as I passed him was priceless! I can't wait to encounter a 2002 stick altima, I'm sure that will actually give me a race.

·
Registered
242 Posts
This dude I know HAD a type s untill he wrecked it trying to pass 5 cars cause
he thought he was the shit, but now his car is shit. why would a type s owner come to this site in the first place. Hey let me work up another 20 grand to even up the class and see who's getting smoked, you'll need that navigation system to find me FUCK.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah Type S is fast, u need to find a stick Max or 3 series, to give u a run. But don't worry your wish of the y2k2 Altimas 3.5 is on the way, and I have I feelin' it will slaughter your TYPE S.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
Woo-hoo ... you beat him with only a ~100hp advantage? Nice race. :rolleyes:

Same goes for him tho ... dunno wtf he was smoking. :confused:

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Okay...good kill.

Those Acura Type S are quick and I must give Honda its credit on creating a fine automobile with luxury and 'sport' performance.It does however have a great advantage over the current Altima.In horsepower and torque.

But dont come here on your first post downplaying the capabilities of the Altima.

AS you can tell by the first few posts...members here can get downright rude if you want to go that route.:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
SickTypeS said:
Today I was on the highway and this Altima, with a <98 body style was tailing me, and I really wasn't gonna waste my gas, but then the highway opens up and he floors it by me (i hear an intake and exhast) and he is just just staring at me. I couldn't restrain myself and I just had to smoke him. By the time I decided to race him, he had already was 2 cars ahead of me, and then I saw him shift (it was stick) and he was still gunning it. I then floored it and closed the gap really quick. I then proceeded to pass him like he was standing still. Let me tell you the look on his face as I passed him was priceless! I can't wait to encounter a 2002 stick altima, I'm sure that will actually give me a race.
got smoked too by a wrx last night. Even with my 50hp nos

·
Non-Old Man Vette Owner
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wanna say that I respect the altima (i've driven several) and it does a good job of being the car it was designed to be (with a little pep). However, what amazed me was the balls this guy had to stare me down and pass me flooring it acting like he is God or something. That's just gay and he just needed to be taught a lesson.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Uh...I pick on cars that I know I'll lose to. Sometimes the driver's just bad and they screw up. Nothing wrong w/picking on bigger fish.
Actually, now that I think about it...I only pick on bigger fish. I can't remember the last time I played w/a stock honda.
Jay

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
1,131 Posts
Originally posted by: SickTypeS
Do your parents know you were out racing in their Acrua?:rolleyes:

·
Non-Old Man Vette Owner
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No...no need to tell my parents since it's my car:p Anyway, their is a pretty significant difference between the regular TL and the Type S. Motor Trend says the TL-S runs the 1/4 mile in 14.7 at 97.6 and Car and Driver says it runs 14.8. Regular TL's (2000,2001,2002) run anywhere from 15.2-15.4. I'm taking mine to the track as soon as my comptech headers are installed.

·
Bruised Soup
9,958 Posts
cool!!! the altima costs 17K, your car is like 32K, race a 44K car (S4) and see the outcome..the new altima's are gonna run 0-60 in 6.1 and the 1/4 in 14.4 or so...all for a mere 26K....

HBOC

·
My car is an automatic.
1,070 Posts
SickTypeS said:
I wanna say that I respect the altima (i've driven several) and it does a good job of being the car it was designed to be (with a little pep). However, what amazed me was the balls this guy had to stare me down and pass me flooring it acting like he is God or something. That's just gay and he just needed to be taught a lesson.
Yep I agree, some people just need to be put in their place. A kill is a kill.

G

·
0 Posts
ur car has 260hp and the alty has 150hp. hmmmm. it's obvious the type s would smoke the alty. so why brag about it??

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
If the guy in the altima was being conceded with it he should be put in his place. The same way if a Kia was being conceded against an altima. The only time you should step up to a race is if its going to be close. Racing is boring when a viper races a honda civic EX. Its fun to watch, but after about the thrid time it gets boring, its like disney movies, you always can guess the out come in the ending.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
19 Replies
16 Participants
HondaKillah
The Nissan Club
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing