The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving today and I decided to floor the gas pedal. Last time it maxed out at 112 but today it reached 115. I have it completely stock and the only thing I have recently done is use Seafoam which improved my gas mileage including using Chevron for the past 4 weeks. Is there any way to increase the top speed not including a BullyDog Tuner. Or what about internals on the engine. I have a 2.5s CVT it has 146k miles with no transmission problems

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I was driving today and I decided to floor the gas pedal. Last time it maxed out at 112 but today it reached 115. I have it completely stock and the only thing I have recently done is use Seafoam which improved my gas mileage including using Chevron for the past 4 weeks. Is there any way to increase the top speed not including a BullyDog Tuner. Or what about internals on the engine. I have a 2.5s CVT it has 146k miles with no transmission problems
Sure there is. Find a long, straight, downhill Interstate road, and try not to kill anyone else as you try to kill yourself in your vain attempt to go fast, in a model of a car that doesn't need to go any faster. Why do you have the need for a little more speed? Good luck with the Police.

"Or what about internals on the engine?" Yes, your engine has "internals." What do you want to know?

·
Registered
353 Posts
2.5 top speed is 112mph due to the ECU coming factory tuned like that.
Only way to increase top speed is to use the Bullydog or UpRev tune.
Internals, I have no clue what was your question about that.

·
Prepare to be VQmized
219 Posts
Cars are typically speed limited to just shy of the the speed rating of the OEM stock tires. For example, a 2013 Altima 2.5S comes stock with 215/60TR16 tires (in Canada). These tires are speed rated (T) to a sustained speed of 118MPH (190KPH). Limiting that car to 115MPH reduces the risk to Nissan in the case where you drive that fast and kill or maim yourself and others.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any way to increase acceleration instead of going towards max speed. Where I live there are not that many cops I literally live in the middle of no where :/ but hey it aint so bad either

·
Prepare to be VQmized
219 Posts
You can chase the 'performance mod' train. Air intakes, light wheels, performance exhausts, etc will all make modest improvements to performance. There is no simple trade of top speed for acceleration on an Altima (like a final gear ratio change from the muscle car era).

Want more performance? Then trade-in for a car that is more powerful or lighter or both. Keep in mind, that as the performance index increases, so too does the price.

Want best bang of the buck....buy a motorcycle.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have actually tough of buying a bike. But right not I need the car since I drive to college and I need to take my sister with me. I do like the idea of getting another car but financially I can't at the moment. Maybe in 5 years or so

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
You have a 2.5 and CVT, speed is not something you need to be concerning yourself with. if speed and performance was what you wanted, you would have gotten a different car

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
I remeber hitting 155 on the stock suspension, only thing upgraded at the time was the wheels and tires were from a G35 sedan. It was scary going that fast in the car. Now The car is set up so smoothly that times I've hit 130 and didn't even realize it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did wish I had the V6 but you know what they say beggars can't be choosers. It's not like I floor it all the time, but I like the rush I feel when going beyond the limit. However, I do know the risk I take by doing so. I don't know exactly what car I would like to get after this. I wouldn't mind the Altima coupe V6 manual transmission, but why bother getting that when I could just go for a 350z or 370z. Yet I am curious on the new Z35 wondering if it will be like the old 240 or just a 350z with a 4 cylinder engine.

I guess if I want a few ponies I should just get a Lighweight Pulley, exhaust and intake. Can't get the header since I'm in Cali. What type of rims should I get something around 500 give or take. I like the Drag DR33 what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Just get any lightweight wheel. search craigslist in your area. You aren't going to get new good wheels for that price.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What brand or brands are considered lightweight since that isn't my side of expertise

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Might want to check in the wheel and tire section for that kind info. Brand name alone isn't going to give you your answer. Find a set of wheels you like, then research them and see if they are light. Anything under 18lbs each is usually considered lightweight. This is without tires.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have looked and its hard to find around the valley. Most people have Honda's around here with can sized exhaust and no power in them. Except there are a hand full out there that actually put work in there cars. Nissan ain't too popular except for the Z's

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.