The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone know how the Altima gets shipped from tennessee, specifically to the Northeast. Is it buy rail or just truck. I'm wondering how much rail dust if any I may have to look out for when my new ride arrives.

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clean I will, believe me! What I am refering to is whether or not I need to get the clay bar out to remove iron particles from the paint, which is a problem of cars that are shipped on trains.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Yes it has rail dust, I clay bar'ed my car even though it was only a few months old.....she felt much smooother after that ;)

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
Mine came in the mail..USPS

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
wild willy said:
Mine came in the mail..USPS
What you're saying is it was late on arrival and beaten beyond recognition. I think we found the reason for those bad rear struts!!!

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
I would think it would be somewhat dependent on where you are. How close are you to Tennessee?

·
Registered
432 Posts
They probably use both in almost all situations. Rail and truck. I used a Pinnacle Clay bar on my car after 6 months and you can feel the difference.

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
What do you mean clay bar, what is that ? I wanna use it too . .? When I was at Nissan, a big truck bought like 10 Altima's to the dealership. They had huge white tape all over them :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Its a piece of clay you get with something like detailers mist, you spray the car and then run the clay bar over the paint and it will lift off anything that is set in the paint. Works very well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts